Secret santa - SECOND CHANCE

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theresa - Thank you so much for my goodies! I\'d been dreaming about verigated thread but as a newbie I hadn\'t taken the plunge yet, so THANKS! And the books and stencils too - you were so generous.

Since I\'m the shopper and stocking stuffer around here, I don\'t have suprises under the tree - so I tucked your box right under the tree when it got here - and had such fun opening it!!

We\'ve been busy around here hosting family and it\'s the first chance I\'ve had to get to the computer and send you my big THANKS!!

~kat

Janet,

OH, NO! I LOVE that book!!!!! Didn\'t mean to sound ungrateful. It really does bring great memories and IS such a good book and to be honest I don\'t know what book I don\'t already have. And I have a few doubles, already!:D:D:D

I was going to repost and thank you for the fat quarters (I don\'t have any of those).

Sometimes I am in just a hurry and what I say is not what I say. I did have a Merry Christmas and opened your gift along with everything else, and when everyone went home, I sat down and read it and thought about what I wanted to make out of it and never had. So, see....it gave me some motivation. If only it could give me some more time!!!

Sorry, sometimes I write things in a hurry and hit that reply button without previewing what it sounds like!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Secret Santa Buddy!

Norma, its okay, I sometimes do the same thing and I also have some doubles of books and I bought them both myself! I am glad you like it and the fat quarters. I thought they were bright and cheerful, especially on a dreary winter day. I hope you have a wonderful new year and make lots of wonderful quilts from that book, which I really like as well.:) Janet

I understand I have 2 packages from my Secret Santa on my desk. Problem is, I am 150 miles away from that desk right now. I\'m tempted to have my secretary open the gifts, but I\'m sure she wouldn\'t be nearly as excited as I, and it would just make me more anxious to get back.

Does anybody want to admit to being my SS????

Hugs, Joy

Oh Joy ! How funny is that! You just better hurry up and get back there and

open them for yourself! No- it wasn\'t me, but OH the suspense!!! We ALL

want to know!! My husband just can\'t beleive that we are telling each

other "who had who" - where is the SECRET in that he says!!! Well, it WAS

a secret and now we want to know who to say "Thank-you" too!! He says

it "sounds like a woman thing".... and walked away.:D Oh I still do love

that man - even though he waits until Christmas Eve to go shopping!!:mad:

Rita,

I not only like what you sent, I love each piece of it. I was excited when I opened the package. When I went to buy a magnetic tray I was only able to get a small one. I really need the big one. I will think of you each time I use the tray and the T-pins. The patterns are wonderful. I worked on a small island in the middle of the Pacific and spent a lot of time watching the little geckos as they scurried around. It will be fun to make a hanging with them on it. The "Think Spring" is perfect. I am ready for spring now and winter has just begun. I think it will be a long wait. I also have some great ideas on how to put your beautiful embroidery to good use.

I am signed up for the Hartly Fence class too so I know we will meet.

Thank-you for being such a wonderful Secret Santa.

• 2 weeks later...

WHO IS MY SECRET SANTA???????????

I just NOW got to open my gifts from my SS. They are MORE than wonderful! I am so very pleasantly surprised and have no idea how my SS knew that I ADORE aprons. Yes, I should have been on Leave It To Beaver! I love them. My SS made me one with black/white/red Christmas fabric and it has lots of pockets. Probably for longarming. Also a great book of Rotary Cut Quilts, 2 yummy smelling pads to put hot dishes on and make my kitchen smell wonderful, a darling little "thingy" that magnetizes to your frig and holds a note pad. LOVE pads and pens -- have them everywhere!

Thank you SO MUCH whoever you are. I really appreciate your time and thoughtfulness and I just love all the gifts.

Hugs, Joy

Archived