Q about Lenni

LTMD

Hi everyone & happy holidays to you!

This Q is for the Lenni Reps or New Owners (congrats!) ...can you tell me how much actual quilting space there is on the Lenni please?

I know the throat measures 18 x 8 but what does the actual quilt space measure?

I cant decide between the FQ w/ SR, Gammill PreimerePlus or Lenni. Would love your input (pro's & cons).

Thanks & happy quilting :)

Lynn

Tampa, Fl

cqlady@tampabay.rr.com:cool:

I\'m hoping on 12" as the maxium as it gets to the end. I\'ve been trolling the site for months but not game to jump in as i have been so frustrated waiting for my lenni as i ordered it in mid july. My current domestic frame only gives me 3 inches as i have my bernina on it. my christmas tree is keeping its spot warm for now.

janelle

Hi Sandy,

I hesitate to answer this until I actually get my own Lenni and put a quilt on it to test for myself. With my Liberty (same size throat) I could start out at 15", but was pushing the limits at 12" with a twin size quilt and Hobb\'s 80/20 batting.

It will depend on whether the automatic leveling bar is placed in the same configuration as the Liberty. Since the table is completely different, they may have been able to place it a little further back, thus giving you another inch or 2.

I want to test it for myself tho\' before making any promises! ;) I\'m in western Canada, so it\'s not easy for me to just go look at one and give you all the answers. And I\'m a "wanna see it for myself" kinda gal. ;)

I just had one delivered to Saskatchewan (ordered in July), so will wait until she gets it set up and running. Then I\'ll be able to give you more accurate answers.

I know the wait has been long, but you can rest assured that APQS will NOT release a product until it\'s right! They do NOT use their customers as their test market, so you can be confident, even tho\' impatient, that when you get YOUR machine, it will perform the way you expect it to. Lenni has been a long time getting "birthed", but I know that all the labour pains will be worth it once he/she arrives! :)

I for one want to THANK YOU Darlene for being so good about getting us answers!

Look forward to your finding out more about Lenni & I do want to know cause it does make a difference to me.

The quilt space issue came up for me when I saw the (great) pix of RitaR\'s new unit & frame. Didnt look like a lot of (quilting) space ...so I thought Id ask. I understand this measurement is more about the frame then the machine.

Anyways, thanks for checking the Lenni out for all of us. Its a huge decision and having comparitive info really helps.

Happy holidays & thanks again,

Lynn :)

Tampa, Fl.:cool:

Thanks, Darlene.

I did a test drive a few months ago on a Lenni and I remembered DeLoa said Lenni had more quilting space than a Liberty due to several factors. I think the diameter of the rollors was one reason, the distance apart the rollers are set up and maybe there was another reason, too, that Lenni has more actual quilting space than a Liberty with the same overall measurements. With all that, I couldn\'t remember the actual number of inches on either one of them. So, the Lenni has more space than the Liberty, but less than a Millie or Freedom.

Archived