Doin the Happy Dance

New arrival in the PNW on Friday morn. 8:00am . WOOWOOO!! happy dance goin on.

With non existant experience with LA's I was mazed at how this 'Little Wonder' went together, and so quickly. Just so easy peasy. Yep, I did it from start to finish, with help from DH and DS of course.

Off to PPP, and PPP, and PPP some more, boing,boing,boing

RitaR, you described it perfectly.

midnite

Yeah!!! Midnite... so glad you got it, it\'s up and running...

Yes, it\'s fun and easy to run.. I\'m leaning to the freehanding.. still wonder for the flash of a sec what\'s wrong when the SR slows to a stop.. lol.. I\'m sure it will take me a while to get over that.

RitaR

Thank you so much for your well wishes, Jen, Rita and Beth. They are truly and sincerely appreciated.

Spent today practicing with the freehand side. Have to learn to not be so cheap with the practice sandwhiches though. Having a tough time getting over \'wrecking\' good muslin and batting. Does it make any difference if you use a loose weave set of cheap sheets to practice on over using good muslin, and would flannel work as the batting instead??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Happy Holidays One and All!

Hi Midnitesun (love your name, btw as I live in the land of the midnight sun except right now the sun is vacationing on the southern part of the world right now...lol!!) ;) :cool:

Anywhooo, re: using flannel as batting...uh, I think that would be more of a headache to you than a benefit. Just go get yourself some cheap poly batting at JoAnn with your coupon and load that on your machine with some muslin and just play. Remember, when practicing, after you quilt over your fabric with one color, change to a different color and quilt right over the top of the other quilting to practice more. Just do it and have no fear and learn and play the day away. :) Have fun. No fear. No quilting police live here, but a retired cop and a retired attorney do hang out here on this chat (don\'t worry, they are nice folks and certainly they are bonafide quilters, now) but they don\'t prosecute or give out tickets any more, so you are free to just misbehave all you want...lol! ;) (Hi Merry Jo and Catherine)

I second the idea of giving the muslin practice bits to the animal shelter. They will be well loved that way. Also, think of it not so much as "wasting perfectly good muslin", but instead as an investment in your skills. You don\'t say if you will quilt as a business, but would you want to give your future heirloom to someone who has never quilted before? Remember that you have to spend money to make money, and this is an investment in your future and yourself.

Beth

I always liken the muslin and batting to mud pies and gravel.. we need the "real" stuff to really learn.. so no more mud pies for me .. Hubby has replaced his old family quilts.. the ones I couldn\'t demand he give me.. with these, for packing or protecting cloths.

RitaR

Archived