How to create your own quilt templates

Loes

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded two new videos showing how to create your own quilt templates with Pre-Design and how to use them on a longarm machine (in video #8 the Millie of Claudia Pfeil :)

See video's no 7 and 8 on page:

http://quilters.pre-design.eu/screenshots.htm

Video no. 8 shows how to punch a printed pattern from Pre-Design using your longarm machine (no thread). Then place the perforated paper on your quilt, exactly where you want it (in a block or free space), spray with chalk spray and the pattern is tranfered to your quilt, ready to start playing!

We had a wonderful time at Claudia's studio shooting videos and this is one of the things we did. It simply works like a charm to create your own templates this way. And it takes out the fear of freemotion work too: You could actually create some basic shapes in Pre-Design, print, punch, spray and then start playing with various filler techniques!

Or just practice freemotion work, with the comfort of having the pattern in chalk on your quilt.

Well, the possibilities are endless!

Loes

Here\'s a chalk marking spray: http://www.quiltersresource.com/detailview.jsp?item_id=ORMD-31

I guess it is available in most of the quilt supply stores.

In the description it says to wash the fabric afterwards, but we found that just brushing it away works well (actually Claudia just rubbed the cuff of her jacket over the quilted fabric and the chalk was gone).

Loes

...using my jacket*lol*;)...I could have used a clean piece of fabric to rub the chalk off;):cool:.....it might have been better for my clothes;):cool: But.....you know...I´m taking that what´s easy to reach!:D

Loes ....Thank you for the videos - they are increasing appetit for more!:D

I wish you all a wonderful christmas time - I will finish today my customer quilts ! Yeaaaaaaaaaah!:D

Claudia

Great ideas in these video!! I just watched them and found out last week that I got into your class at MQS. I\'m thinking now that the software will be a great Christmas present, even if I have to buy it myself!!

I don\'t have any quilts for the next 2 weeks so I\'m hoping to download and play with the trial version after I finish all of my birthday blocks I owe other people.

Debbi

Archived