Round robin white elephant swap

Okay, this was Norece's idea; but since we've all had so much fun with secreta Santa I thought we might give them a try.

1. Everybody who wants to participate signs up ahead of time.

2. The names are listed in order they signed up. A master copy of the list is kept, and a copy is placed in the box, so everybody knows where it goes next.

3. Person one chooses 5-10 quilty items they no longer need/want/desire; but things others might genuinely be interested in [tools, fabric, books, stencils, etc]. These are all put in a box and mailed to person 2.

4. Person 2 opens the box, removes the things they want and replaces each one taken with something from their own collection of stuff. For each item taken one must be replaced, so there are always x number of things in the box.

5. Person 2 then mails box to person 3, and so on. Until it gets to the last person, who takes and replaces and mails the package to person 1.

6. Hopefully person 1 doesn't get the same things back that they sent out.

Sound easy?? Okay, who wants to play?? I'll compose the list, make a copy to put in the box and get us started if you want.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a blast! count me in!

by the way Theresa did you happen to notice how many views and responses we got for Secret Santa? Over 3800+ views and 156+ responses! maybe a record!

I would also love to do "Birthday blocks" next time it comes around what fun!

Merry Christmas All!

Ruthie, not a bad idea; but I\'m afraid if it does go out of the country it would be xrayed, and that would erase our film.

How about if I just include a journal. Everybody can record what they are adding to the box, and a few words of inspiration for the next person.

As far as getting signed up, I have 21 names and addresses from Secret Santa; and Norece has 7 or 8; so if you signed up for that we already have your name and address.

If we don\'t just email it to me and I\'ll create a master list. I still think we need to wait a couple weeks before we get started to let everybody sign up. Some people wanted to do Secret Santa and I got it going too fast.

Let\'s plan on the first mailing being January 15th. That way everybody has ample time to sign up and get their items together.

Please. count me in!!! This sounds like a really fun thing to do. I like the idea of the journal, with the digital world we could include a picture in the journal (I\'ll include me and "Gator" alias Millie). Maybe we could get APQS to make us a catagory.

Way to go Norece and Teresa!!!

Archived