LA Ink- a new quilt!

Dear Sher-Bear,

Thanks for finally sharing your secret project!

I knew it was going to be something unique & exciting!!!

Your love for traditional quilting is truly your legacy for future generations!;)

Looking forward to what is yet to come in the new year!:)

Love ya bunches!

Linda

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome quilt, Sherry! I love seeing your work & what you come up with next. It\'s such an inspiration to those of us still trying to make circles look like circles!

Thanks for sharing. BTW, does that quilt need a home? I\'m ready to adopt, if so!:D

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

.... for the kind words and warm welcome back to the forums!!!

I will be entering this piece, with any luck I can get it into Paducah. I have had little experiance in competition but am up for the challenge! I\'ll be sure to keep you informed of my progress.

For those of you wanting more information on my process, I will work on a summery soon.

Thank you again for your comments, they are a thrill to see after all the work I did!

Rita, how \'bout sending me a couple of your drool towels? I have some of my own sopping up to do!

Sherry, that is truly amazing! I would love to see it close up and if I do, I promise to bring my own drool towel!!

We all learn so much from you! Thanks for sharing!

Your bestest fan,

Sherry, there are no words for such a beautiful quilt. I think I could go to the dictionary and STILL NOT find a word!

Totally and completely dumbfounded here.....drop dead georgous quilt!

Im sure it\'s a winner!!!!!!!!

One question tho....what/where do you get "Indenta pens"? I\'ve never heard of them. Maybe I just dont get out much.....LOL!

No words can describe this.. but when I read the LA Ink title I was a little afraid to open the thread..I will never comprehend way anyone would want to "Ink" their fleash, but I\'m ready to go get me some of those pens and "Ink" some fabric.. I was just wondering the other day "Where has Sherry been?"...next time you get into one of these mammoth projects just stop by once in awhile and say "Hi".;)

This is going to so many ribbons you won\'t have enough wall space to hang them all!

Sherry,

I was lucky to be there when Tom drew this design. I thought - nice but how could that possibly be stitched. I should of known that if anyone could do it - you could. Simply mind-blowing work. I am both in awe and inspired. Thanks for taking this challenge and also sharing it.

Sara

Those quilts are fantastic. What an inspiration you and Tom have given us. I am looking forward to your summary. However, I am not sure that I will ever be good enough to even think of trying something like these quilts.

If this doesn\'t win a prize there is something wrong with the judges eyesight!

PamelaA

Guest Linda S

Sherry - this is just stunning! I love the contrast of the black and white and your quilting is just perfect. It is truly a blend of traditional and contemporary. Woo hoo! You GO GIRL!

Linda

Archived