friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

Bonnie, that\'s gorgeous.

Jen, looks like you\'re getting black and white and red. That will make a really nice quilt. I can\'t wait to see pictures of the finished quilts.

Jazzsmom- Sorry I must have given it to you via email. I was sick from Dec. 15th-Dec. 29th with it, and still feel like crap; but had to go back to work.

Marylyn Jones, I emailed your list.

Any takers on the cowboy block? It\'s really cute. If nobody wants it I\'ll have to keep it.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Teresa and Heidi,

Well, I started mine tonight. Well, sort of...I gathered some fabric in beige and had bought some white last weekend, so I have my background fabrics set aside. I then started going through my scrap bins and pulling out some fabrics for the blocks. I cut out 3 blocks, but haven\'t started sewing yet. I want to piece at least one of these blocks to see how it goes together and how the light, medium and darks look in it. If it seems to be OK, the rest should be faster. I have a yoga class tomorrow night, so hopefully I will start to sew on Friday after work.

I know how it is with time. I take my granddaughter to Water Babies at the YMCA every Saturday. Then I either hangout with my daughter for a while, or I babysit so she can go shopping. Saturdays fly by without much, if any sewing. Sunday afternoon is usually my best time to sew as I do the laundry in the next room, so I can multi-task. Somewhere I also have to clean on the weekend and food shop. Then it is Monday and work again. Where does the time go? Maybe I\'ll win the lottery:) (Remind me to buy a ticket.)

oh - but I hope my name is on her list - Those are very nice!!! Sorry I have

not sent any out yet. I found a pattern and pulled some fabrics, but Wed.

night my husband asks if I could donate a quilt to this benifit for his good

friends sister, she has had 3 types of cancer, now bone cancer and only

has 2 - 3years to live. I said sure when is it? get this..... "Not this weekend,

but NEXT weekend" Oh - plenty of time! grrr... MEN!!! To top it off, he was

gone all of this weekend to a biker "meeting" (party!) in Portland, ME...grrr..

So - this is what I have been doing. If anybody likes these

colors, let me know, because I have some leftover flowers!

This isn\'t that big - 44 x 63, no pattern, just cut, sew, press.

post--13461898985215_thumb.jpg

Archived