friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

Coleen Okane

I wanted to U2u to let you know I got your block, but I can't find your name(?) on the list. It is so long and I'm overwhelmed by it right now. But let me tell you your block was certainly worth waiting for. My blocks are at my daughter's house right now so I will post a picture of all my blocks next week. Thank you for remembering.

Kristie

PS if someone knows Coleen's address so I can u2u her I would appricieate it.

kristiequilts@sbcglobal.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a block from Coleen too, Thank-you!

Mine are all still in order and waiting for me to figure out how to put them together. I know what I want to do, just haven't solved the problem yet. They are all in different sizes, makes it tough, but I want them to look like they are all floating in the same background.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I hate that I have to go back to work Monday. I've gotten so much accomplished this last 10 days. Here is a picture of my pieced top, from the 2008 block swap. It is very tame and traditional to be something I made. Usually my things are brighter and wilder. But I love it. It is 92" square right now.

I think we will put it on our bed after I get it quilted.

post--13461900970551_thumb.jpg

Coleen,

Thank you for the beautiful block. I have all of the blocks I received together in a project box... I hope to get the friendship quilt pieced in '09!!

Thanks!

and Thanks to everyone who participated. I had a lot of fun, and appreciate all of the blocks!

Teresa,

Your top looks great. Please share a picture after you quilt it.

I have the top for my Christmas block exchange put together and finally bought the backing and binding fabric for it.....but, of course, it's not quilted yet.

I haven't even put together my Friendship blocks or my birthday blocks, but they are on my New Year's "to do" agenda. We'll see if it actually happens. :)

I was in another 30's block exchange, which is why I didn't join the APQS one. I have 12 blocks now and bought sashing fabric. That might be next on my list, after I finish 2 more baby quilts and a jacket.

I was messing around and decided to enter my friendship block quilt into the 2009 Capital Quilt Show (Denver, CO) so I posted a picture to webshots. You've seen this one pieced but here it is quilted. Thanks to all who made blocks. Can you find yours? If you go to webshots and click on the image you can see a close up of how I quilted your block. I will also post on my website to give examples of custom sampler quilts.

Pieced blocks are all freehand, I used CQ for the filler blocks, setting trianges and big border (Darlene Epp's SpringTime collection). Tried Debbi's sashing technique (not as nicely as hers) in the small gold border. I finished it and bound it on Christmas day. Best one (Christmas) I've had in a long time.

2769826660062887678S425x425Q85.jpg

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2769826660062887678nVJSDg

Archived