Lost Without My Tattoos

pencel

I don't understand why people HATE tattoo's. When a person inks their body it is for a good reason.

My grandfather was a commercial fisherman on the Mississippi. He was known to almost everyone as "The Catfish King." He was the only grandfather I had and we were extremely close. When he died last year I felt lost... until I got my tattoo. Now I feel as if he is always wathing my back.

Thank you for being an inspiration in quilting, artistry, and life.

Lisa

post--13461899012908_thumb.jpg

I\'ve been wanting a tattoo since I was sixteen but was never sure what I wanted til this past year but still didn\'t get it done til Greg died. I ended up incorporating something of him into the tattoo. I got it on my foot and it\'s pretty cool, I think. My son also got his second tattoo 2 weeks after Greg died in November. I\'m thinking the loss of someone kind of inspires people somehow to get a tattoo done?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn\'t that just the cutest thing! Don\'t be embarrased by your tatoo. The only time I think it should be covered is if you\'re someplace really special - wedding, church, funeral, etc....but where you are comfortable, your tattoo should be comfortable. I\'m an old lady and am still proud of my tattoo I got many years ago. And in fact, have drawn up one I want to get...a tatoo of a kitty in a tu-tu and have it put on my...bosom...may just do it one of these days...but I\'m getting so wrinkledy, it may look like a whole litter of ballerina kitties..lol ML

Archived