2007 Birthday Blocks - is anyone still working?

janeta

I came in very late to the Birthday block exchange, so I knew it would be tough to complete all the blocks by the end of the year. With Christmas, and company and starting a new semester at school, I have not had a chance to look at my lists. I would like to at the very least send a block to each of those who sent me one. I will look at the lists asap and take care of that.

I\'ve been thinking of some setting ideas for all my little houses. Grass, and fences, and trees and sky come to mind. Maybe some roads and little cars. . . I need to retire!!

Thanks for being patient.

• 2 weeks later...

I made the last four blocks I owed to gals who made for me they are being mailed out today.

Roxie, April, jeanne, Janet

then I am sending blocks to Sandra D and Debra H

I am then sending the last people on the list a fat quarter!

Then I will have sent something to everyone on my list--I really Hate not finishing things.

Happy belated Birthday or early Birthday this year!

Susan

Anyone else planning to send, Late is better than never:)

after Karols arrive I think I will plan to set mine since I did a 9 inch ohio star I will set them on point I have about 15 to use so I should get a nice size out of it for the couch.

then I got 3 wonderful 12 inch blocks to make into throw pillows, to match! I promise they won\'t get thrown around!

Thanks everyone again!!

Susan

Hi Guys:

Thank you for all your wonderful blocks. I\'m putting them together now and have posted a new thread to alert folks that if they have blocks for me, please let me know so I can save space. I would like to add a row across the top to make it taller. I have a feathered star that I made and could use that along with five or six blocks more. And I need to fill in some small holes. Here is what I have so far. You can see that I just have the center vertical row tacked in place. Looking good, don\'t you think?

Vicki

post--13461899137171_thumb.jpg

Teresa - Janet Armstrong, New Albany, Ohio made it and yes, it is exploding! The camera really gives you a wonderful new perspective. The light red orange color doesn\'t look like it goes with the center poinsettia fabric until you see it from a distance, then you realize that it enhances the overall design. Maybe Janet will pop in here and tell us what pattern it is - very complicated with lots of pieces.

Vicki

Teresa, the exploding flower block came from a quilt in McCall\'s Quilting Magazine June 1999. It was on the cover in blue and white and the quilt was called rhapsody in blue. I don\'t know the name of the block itself, but the magazine refers to it as the rhapsody block. Hope this helps.

;);)Janet

I still have a few that I am planning to send out. I plan to finish up the birthday exchange by the end of this month. I have already started the Friendship blocks which is alot easier with the uniform size and color limitations. The birthday block exchange was more difficult with all the different sized blocks, fabric choices, some of which I didn\'t have in my stash and in some cases the choice of the blocks. I really have tried to keep to everyone\'s request. I think if we get a Christmas block swap going we should limit it to a 12.5\'\' block. DB (Dianne)

I will just add in here that yes, I did send out over 60 blocks too.

A bit depressing to only get less than 1/2 back in return.... I am

actually going to add in the blocks from the Friendship Exchange

I think to get a big full size quilt.

I sent to everybody - so if you didn\'t get your block, and still

want one, please let me know.... 2 were sent back to me with

needing addresses - I emailed them many times, no response....

Nita - I sent you a very special Feathered Star block back in Nov.

or Dec. Did you get it? I sure hope that baby didn\'t get lost - I

worked on that for about 4 hours!! Not so sure I ever want to

make another one that small and so intense - 8 1/2" & 129 pcs!!

yeicks!!

Archived