first attempt

Hello,

Would like to share my \'first\' ever attempt at quilting, since the arrival of \'Lennrietta\' in mid December.

Kinda pleased with myself, and the results, for not ever having any \'longarm machine\' experience before this.

The hammock in the second photo, is pretty much what I started out with on the machine for practice, this turned out to be the extent of practicing, before choosing a first \'victim\'.

This flannel quilt top started for my brother as a Christmas gift is, \'Northern Neighbors\' featured in 2005 Quilt Sampler, which I new was a must make for him when I saw it. \'Blustery Day\' by Nichole Webb was used as the first panto choice.

Am looking forward to learning and spending more time on the \'freehand\' side in the future. Classes indeed for that.

I read and studied up on the \'hammock\' idea from a previous post by \'nineva\', thank you by the way, and opted to turn the practice sandwhich I made up, into a hammock, and also learn how to do a partial \'float\'. I hope I said that right.

When I look back at that hammock, l hope to be able to see improvements as I go along with my newfound passion.

Also must say, that this little Lenni is such a charm to work with, and the only problems encountered, was \'pilot\' error.

Now, lets see if I can post a pic for the first time too.

post--13461899040731_thumb.jpg

Thank you Darlene and Jen, very sweet of you guys to comment, and was very much appreciated. Can be my own worst critic with my efforts, but was pretty happy for my first attempt.

My photo skills in doing these attachments leave something to be desired, but hopefully that will improve once I figure out what size to post.

Debra-Anne

\'Love my Little Lennrietta\'

Hi cvrchota,

Thank you for the compliment.

Yes, your right it is the start of a white dahlia, haven\'t quite decided on what the backround will be, hopefully will get some sort of clue once I get the whole flower put together. The center part isn\'t that dark green you see there. I actually had taken the center part down, and started attaching two of the flower rows to the centerpiece. One of these days I\'ll get it finished.

Deb

Archived