Micro Drive

White Rooster

Originally posted by hmerrill

Meg - I don't think it ever gets better. I have a stool but sat on the stool Jamie Wallen uses and boy I almost wish my stool would break so I could change mine! LOL

:o Heidi - Where might I find this super-stool? :o

Heidi...........you answered my question about the micro handles. I am thinking about buying them to use on stencils and for feathers (following a stencil). I don't do a lot of micro stippling, but hope to get into using my stencils more if I can find a way to have more control.

I have a 2010 Millenium. Do different model machines require a different set of handles ?

Hi,

I am also standing and don't do much micro stippling. When I did do that, I like using my regular handles. One thing I really don't need is the hydraulic lift system that came new on my Millie last May 2009. I am 5'3" tall and rarely have the need to raise the table. Might be willing to sell the lift since I have only used it to raise the machine, add wheels and rotate it around my room, then raise it and take wheels off, return them to the hardware store, because they raised the machine too high for me, and then lower the machine back onto the legs. So anyone need a hydraulic lift? The brackets fit the round legs of the Millie.

I actually LIKE to do the tiny stuff. Yes, it is true. And I like my micro drive handle. I said handle because I took the right one off and only use the left one. My left hand is down and right hand is up when I use them. I have lots of control that way. The stool is the key to enjoying them. I love my sadle stool. My back doesn't get tired or sore. Resting your arms and just using your hands gives you so much control. Also, I find them impossible to use without the base expander. I agree you have to ppp with them but I don't know how anyone stitches close work without them. I'd they they are a must have - they are for me.

I LOVE my microdrive handles, took some getting used to, like anticipating the edges of the quilt so I don't bump anything. They rarely get taken off my machine. I'm left-handed also and work with the right one folded up most of the time. To me it feels like i"m drawing with the needle because it keeps my hand close to the needle. I just upgraded to a machine with "quilt glide" so the precision the handles give with quilt glide are amazing.

Love tiny work. The Micro Drive is also great for using when quilting around applique. The attach pretty easy with screws. As a side note, I have free shipping on order that include my 2.5 pinched square ruler.

Karen, I may know someone that muight be interested in your hydraulic. Please U2U, email or call me with details.

Thanks, Myrna

Hi, I am not really interested in selling my hydraulic lift right now. I may eventually need to raise and move my long arm or decide to sit on a saddle stool and have to raise the table. Since I spent 1500 dollars on the hydraulic lift, I prefer to keep it.

Do the micro handles fit all machines or are there different models for different machines? I have a 2010 Millenium and wondered if I came across a used set that someone was selling - would they fit my machine. I'd hate to buy some and then find out they don't fit. :(

Archived