My Millie is hairy

I delivered the quilt yesterday. It looks very good, but you can\'t go wrong with Leaf Pile. Anywho, I showed the customer how easy it is to put your finger through the bat or to just stretch it. I told her how I popped it into the dryer and it came out leaving my jacket coated in fuzz. Then I showed her my samples of QD 70/30 and she was amazed at the difference. She told me that she was just trying to get the right size batting, and didn\'t know there was a difference in the makeup of the matterial. She wanted to know if all machine quilters carried their own batting. it was fun to be able to educate her on this, since she didn\'t know anything about. Don\'t think she will be using that stuff again.

Mary Beth,

Do you think it\'s more the batting than the thread? Both really I guess.

I know everyone uses canned air and brushes, but I have another approach to lint.

I bought this small Shop Vac "Hang Up" Mini at Target last year. It comes with it\'s own hang up base and is attached under my frame on left front leg. The hanging base comes with it. Very compact and small. I use it all the time to vacuum out the bobbin case area, down around the tracks, needle, under the frame ---wherever.

I look at it this way--- I\'m not pushing lint into the back of the lower casing of the machine, instead I\'m sucking it out and away. It works great!

post--13461899086117_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a great idea. I use DH\'s shop vac to vac my floor since I don\'t want to spend the rest of the day cleaning the beater bar on my regular vac. That would be a handy little thing to have.

Yes, it was the batting that created all the fuzz. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life!! I keep my machine very clean and oiled. I knew when I took this stuff out of the bag and tried to spread it out that it was going to be T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Mary Beth, I just thought of something today.. with the Hobbs, the fursbys settled down when I started to quilt.. hasn\'t been a problem since, even when we took it off the frame and did a bunch of frog dancing.

I actually had very little fuzzies around the machine, top or bottom.

RitaR

Archived