Karen McTavish Inspired

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbi,

Oh I\'m not THAT Heidi...lol I\'m in upstate NY. I do have to tell you a funny though...when APQS announced Heidi\'s arrival, I had just gotten my machine and just joined the site. LOL I thought the announcement was for me and I had a reply all typed up...LOL I figured it out before I embarrassed the tar out of myself but boy do I still giggle about it :P! There are so few Heidi\'s out there when you see "your" name in print you think WOW and common sense goes out the window!

WOW, Heidi, Believe me that magnificently exquisite quilt was well worth ALL the hearing about it. Phew.. month is over!! ROFL0LOLOL... just kidding.. (see what pain relief does to me?)

I do think I\'ll hide my quilts in all those dust bunnies we corraled, though.. poor to piddling, compared to that.

If nothing else comes up, be sure and at least enter it in the County or State Fairs, and any local quilt shows that come up.. every ribbon helps.. and is sooo fun to have. And don\'t forget to Insure it...

This Heidi, isn\'t the Heidi K that is at APQS.. this one is an owner and lives in Upstate New York.

Bet she puffs up from that idea though..

RitaR

Heidi:

I am awe struck. This quilt is magnificent. As others have said be sure to enter it into shows and fairs. It is too beautiful not be shared with others. Let me see if I understood. You used no rulers. Wow that is unbelievable. I too have just added the (Sharons Shambers idea)additional thread quides to my Millie and am using dry beans for my added weight. Now my husband has anther job - making a larger extended base. (he is going to love that)Thanks for sharing your quilt with us!

Heidi, That\'s a prize winner! I just go a flyer in the mail from Quilts, Inc. They do the Houston International Festival and the Chicago International Festival. They are starting another one in Longbeach California this year!

It\'s scheduled for July 25 - 27th and this is the first year for it. I know the Houston show is huge, but I\'ve never been to the Chicago Show. This would be a good starting place. Go to www.Quilts.com to find out about these three shows. I completely agree this is sooooo show worthy! Good work!!

Here is the base off of the machine. Notice that hubby had to cut out a notch so it could fit over the laser light. The sides measure 3" x 12 on the one side and shorter on the other. The throat area sticks out further on the other side so we just made it to go from the back up to that point. I used a special super glue to glue on the pieces but I know that they have a special glue at Lowes that will glue acrylic together. It would have been easier to use screws but the sides weren\'t thick enough to allow for that and I was being impatient for hubby to get done...after all I had a quilt to do!

post--13461899090086_thumb.jpg

Heidi - Thank you so much for posting those photos! You and your hubby are awesome!

I use the Hartley base extender cuz that\'s what I have....so it is good to see that your base is an extension of that one. I will be heading off to either Lowe\'s or TAP plastics....not sure if they do acrylic....

And again, your quilt is absolutely beautiful! I can\'t wait til my Lil\' MnM is paid off so I can do more of my own quilts..... and enter the shows....

Which, I hope you do with this one!!! ;)

Great, if I knew where I was going I could be there by noon:)

You all joke about this, but all I have to do is jump on SW airlines and I could be anywhere they fly in a couple of hours. Heck, I could come and see you after DH leaves for work and be home with dinner on the table before he gets back:P Soooo, don\'t be surprised, if someday, you all get a call from your local airport to come pick me up!!

Love the quilt. Like others I think you should enter this quilt. It just beautiful.

Thanks for the pics also. This is exactly what I was hoping my husband could do when he gets home. It should be a piece of cake for him. Now it will be easier to explain. lol

Again the Quilt is just Beautiful. Great Job Girl!!!!

Hugs Grammie

Archived