Photos of Lenni

It really would be nice, were that the Lenni I received.

I did not get any pattern grid. I do not have the post on top where they have the little red handled scissors, and Lenni, or at least mine, did NOT come with the curved, adjustable handles. Nor the kitty.

RitaR

Hi Rita,

The overhead photo of Myrna with the curved ergo handles may not have been a photo of a Lenni. I can\'t imagine they would set up a Lenni for potential customers with unavailable handles. I think that was the European show last year and maybe that machine was a Freedom or a Millie. As far as the front spindle, all the photos of Lenni show it with the spindle---maybe you should call and see if you were shorted that part. I think you have to provide your own kitty too--I have an extra one if you need one!!!

Linda--stirrin\' up trouble in Washington!

Hi Linda, thanks... I was mistaken, the spindle is there, it is the laser holder.. the handles are Not what come on lenni.. and APQS said they have no plans to make any that will work on lenni that are curved. the pattern grid is also not part of the package. I don\'t mind them showing things like that, but at least make note of what does or doesn\'t come with the Machine, both with the picts And on the Website would really help.. and not confuse, not disappoint buyers. Its that lack of info, and wrong info that had me going when I was trying to buy and then when buying.

RitaR

Hi again Rita,

My DH is a mechanical engineer and has made me lots of tool and toys for my machine.

This Christmas he made me a circle-maker that is used from the front so I can really see what I\'m doing.

I will show him some Lenni pics and see what he thinks about a retro-fit curved handle for Lenni--maybe something that attaches to the existing handles. Stand by for news! If you want to email me, my addy is on my profile.

Linda

Ladies, you are correct. The picture of Myrna quilting is NOT on a Lenni. Only the Freedoms and the Millenniums come with the curved ergonomic handles. There is simply not enough space to accommodate the attachment for the curved handles on the smaller machines. Also, some of the features on the Lenni accomplish the same as on the other machines. However, in order to manufacture a machine that is a little less expensive the fancy handles and meters were changed. STILL the very same quality just a little less monies involved in the production!

The PatternGrid is one of those additional items many people like to purchase separately; especially if they are working with pantographs!

I do love the final version I have seen of how the rollers are locked. It is great to see that issue has finally been resolved successfully and production and shipments are finally moving right along!

We look forward to eventually have a Lenni here in our own studio!

I\'m so excited, just traded in my Discovery for a Lenni. I\'m able to use my current wooden table which will save me some $$$$. I\'ve had my Discovery two years and feel it has been a fantastic machine, just really wanted the stitch regulator for SID, template work and Hartley Fence. I got to drive the Lenni last week at the showroom with Tony - he was really helpful. Thanks APQS for all you do to continue to keep your customers happy. Looking forward to driving my new Lenni --- now I get to think of a name for it!

Sharon.

Wow! Congrats Sharon... You will love it. It\'s so much fun!

Pam, I apologize, I truely did not mean to sound so nasty in my statement about the picts.. I\'m glad you posted the site, so people can see how she sets and goes together. Please forgive me?

Linda, I appreciate that so much.. Hubby is making me some that are only 90 degree, but I can pull them down or push them up out of the way since they are only put on with the cinch ties.. The wiring to the buttons has to stay in the upright handles.. He\'s using conduit pvc pipe.

Janet, I appreciate your info so much.. I love my Lenni and have had 3 days of quilting.. (sure, I\'ve had to tie off and start again when changing colors), but have not had even One thread break. Call that having a Ball.. or a Blast, or a back saver from not having so many ends to tie & tuck.. but I love it.. The SR is so cool... I\'m really loving the machine.. and the stitching, and playing with threads.. and speaking of which, I\'m not much of a fan of Lava.. King Tut is very similar but still with diff results. Maybe I\'ve just not found the right time to use it yet.. will try again, I\'m sure.

Thanks again for all info, offers of help, etc.

RitaR

• 2 weeks later...

The pattern grid is an after martket item from Colorado Quilting, great item.

http://www.coloradoquiltingcompany.com/

I had to cut it to fit the 10 foot table.

Myrna is not on a Lenni.

Just a great picture of Myrna.

Lenni is a wonderful smooth easy machine to use.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/562029324EviQPL?vhost=home-and-garden

• 2 weeks later...

Lenni #1400 has a happy home! Got her home and set up and she sounded like she had the "grud" that\'s going around. I called APQS and dear Amy listened to it over the phone determined it was a little timing issue. Sounded better but still not as quiet as I wanted. DH helped me take her off frames and check the gear box...it just needed a little more grease. Now we are cooking and she is purring like a kitten. The SR is so much fun, but I occasionally forget and take off in manual mode. I still reach for the single stitch button with my right hand, etc., so Lenni will have to retrain me. Thanks to Amy and APQS, another happy customer!!!

Sharon

Archived