I've trapped a wrinkle in my quilt. Help!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Marty, I\'m sorry but I still don\'t see no stinkin\' wrinkles! Maybe it\'s because I am dazzled by the most beautimous quilting.

GOOD JOB!!!!!

PS: Don\'t try to preview when posting pics...it doesn\'t work. If you need to, just go back and edit your post.

OK it\'s 10 PM and beddy bye nighty night time for me... gotta work in the AM.

Again, great quilt job. such a pretty quilt!

Marty - first, sorry to hear about the wrinkle. I have used a #13 crochet hook to pull dark thread out from under light fabric. But I don\'t know that you could do that on batik, the weave is just too tight. Maybe at a seam.

Now the finished quilt is fabulous. I would love to see the whole quilt. I love the fill techniques that you used, the CC drawn in and stitched and the big spirals in in the friendship star and the small spirals in the other block( I can only see a piece of that under the setting triangle in the border photo). And of course, the ruler work in the lines in the corner of that block is amazing. Great job.

I toally feel for you! It looks like you are working your wrinkle loose and haveing to do some frog stitching as well.

I am not sure how the frames on the APQS work as I have another brand of machine. My top roller has the ability to come up and I can literally open the sandwich each time I advance the quilt which is what I do. I enables me to reach in and smooth the batting by a gentle pull from the center and then along the sides. Then I can lower my top roller and by keeping the the backing roller snug I have the batting laying perfectly smooth, I can bend over and see while I am doing the lowering. I started doing this routine after I got a wrinkle in my first year of quilting. If your frame enables you to do this it will save you in the future.

By the way the quilt looks awesome and right now you are likely hating every minute of it but in the end you are gonna have one happy customer and she will likely keep comminng back. There are a few quilts in my past that I ended up spending great amounts of time on to fix something and ended up making pennies per hour on so I feel your pain!

Okay, Linda, here\'s as close as I have to a picture of the whole quilt (crummy lighting and hanging and all). The quilt is 90 x 100, so finding a place to hang it is tough. She picks it up today, so I\'m going to try to take it outside and get a better picture with sun sidelighting it. Looks like the weather will cooperate today.

I hope she likes it. You all know how it is. I know where every crossed line is, every stitch that went outside the block, every bad back track is. (Let alone the wrinkle) So this forum is great. Seeing it posted and seeing your comments helps me buck up and remember we\'re not going for perfection, we\'re going for excellence. Gee, where did I hear that? ;)

post--13461899189637_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful quilt!!!

Once when I had a wrinkle in a quilt, I spritzed the area with water, and then steamed it.

It looked much better then.

You could try draping it over your ironing board so you can pull gently on both sides, as you are steaming.

Hope this helps, otherwise, if it really bothers me, I try taking out the closest row and stitching with my reg sewing machine, to fix.

Marty, that is a beautiful quilt & you worked wonderful things on it. Love the quilting choices, so varied & perfect for each of the areas. Glad the wrinkle could be worked into the stitches, too. All in all, ya\' done an excellent job! Thanks for sharing this whole saga, as well as the lovely quilting!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Archived