Hartley acylic extendable table

guineasrule

I have a newer Hartley extendable table. I find it I put any pressure on my ruler at all the table starts to "flop" up because it isn't connected in anyway to the arm of the machine. Does this make sense? Should it be connected if not how do you all deal with this. I know Sherry Rodgers told me she uses hers when she is straight line quilting. Do you have this problem, Sherry.

Thanks

No, it does not connect to the machine, that is what is so nice about it. Easy to put on, easy to take off. It should be snug though when you put it on.

It sounds to me that you may be putting too much pressure down on your ruler. You want a very light touch, just enough to keep the ruler from shifting. Too much pressure and the machine will not want to move either.

Hope this helps.

If it pops off that easily, you may have an ill fitted base. However, you could add some of the very thin rubbermaid shelf liner to one or both sides of the inside of the base. I used double sided tape to adhere the shelf liner to the unit. Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...

These may not be on your model. If not is doesn't matter. If your base isn't as snug as you would like or slips a bit try a small piece of batting along one side this still allows the base to slip on easily or as Sherry suggested above. Do make sure you are not pressing to hard as this will make it harder to move your machine as well as cause your base slip.

The machines are made a specific size as are the bases. The bases are designed to slip on the throat of your machine. They aren't molded around the throat of the machine individually. So some play may happen. Think of it as your feet and two of the pair of same shoes ,one pair may be snug, the other pair fits perfectly. It does not mean they are made incorrectly. They are just made individually.

The bases do not screw on or attach to the machine in any way, for ease of attaching and removing. Also this help keep the weight down. They are good quality and well made. Their are other bases on the market. Some of them to screw to the machine or are secured in some other method. Hope you have solved your issue with your base slipping and are a happy quilters.

Myrna

Well, I just learnt something new, had to go look on my Millie to see if it had the white tabs. It has 4 and I never notice them. My Hartley base fits nice and snug, the only time it flips is when I press to hard, and that is usually at the end of the quilt as I'm anxious to get done.

• 5 years later...

Archived