lonely in Wisconsin

MaryLou5740

First, start telling yourself that Lonely isn\'t fatal. I live in one of the \'booniest\' places in the Ozarks...if 2 cars a day go down our road, we think there\'s a parade. Grass grows down the center of the road...not enough traffic and certainly no road maintainence! I thoroughly enjoy my days alone...I can stay so busy..quilting, reading, going for walks,combing my cat (Himalayan) and dog (Am. Eskimo) fixing a nice treat for hubby. I don\'t like talking on the telephone so have never used it as an \'out\'. It is hard to leave a position in the \'outside\' world...I was forced to retire after a botched surgery. And I was a good nurse, but who wants to nurse wearing diapers? It doesn\'t bother here at home...I have 3 little doggies for breeding and love tending them and their babies. I love to be in the yard when the weather is decent. Have nice flowers, etc. I have a disease that prevents me being out if the weather is cool and live on Oxygen most of the time...but busy I am...I have a back-log of things to do, things to finish, projects to start, and I want to learn how to make beads from glass and flame...I\'m almost 70 years old, but relish the quiet and the ticking clock. We put on Discs of the New Testament and listen to James Earl Jones and his magnificent voice read to us. I listen to ea. disc 3 times, one time reading along in the Bible.

There is no way, I\'ll ever know enough or be able to find the time to do it. Church is my main outlet and I\'m no happier any place on earth than when I\'m in church..and it really upsets me when the weather is cold and I have to miss services. I think what I\'m trying to say...find peace where you are, learn to know yourself, start a Journal, get some videos to watch of something you want to learn..mine are making jewelry videos...and before you know it the day is done, you\'re tired and can sleep the sleep of the JUST. and look forward again to the next day. Thanks for letting me share with you Denise in Wisconsin. ML

MaryLou,

It sounds like you have done a wonderful job of taking lemons and make lemonade. You have created a full and busy schedule for yourself and found peace.

I live on the out skirts of a large metropolitan area so being loney really isn\'t a problem for me. I still work full time and my biggest challenge is trying to find time to try all the different things that interest me. When I can, I venture down into my unfinished basement and visit my happy place, piecing, sewing and quilting in my basement.

I think you do have make the most of your situation no matter what it is and your example is a most wonderful one.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I sincerely hope that the weather won\'t prevent you much longer from getting to the place that makes you the happiest, your church.

I too love the solitude of where I live. I can go all day for days I am on the end of a dirt road and can not see the road and that suits me fine. I have nice scenery out the window............I see a mountain and the forest. I do not see my neighboors except those houses far away..........the closer ones are in the trees. When I want it I can drive to the city half an hour away.

Archived