How to....make pantographs easier

I have had my Millennium for about 3 or 4 weeks, things are getting better every day - thankfully. My question is this, do pantographs feel like, and look like an Etch-A-Sketch when you are doing them? It just doesn't flow - my rounded patterns look a little squared off just like an Etch-A-Sketch. Is it just more practice? I have notice that the more I practice on the front of the machine the better it looks, so I am guessing, and hoping that the Etch-A-Sketch syndrome will go away soon. Any input would be appreciated!!

Mary

Mary: Yes, pantos get better with practice. They will be perfect in no time. I may do only one or two pantos a month and I usually make a pass or two following the pattern without really stitching just to get the "flow" going if I haven't done one in a while. Otherwise, the end of the quilt looks a whole lot better than the beginning.

Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

Hi Mary,

My name is Connie Hurst, I am the Service Mgr/tech. here at Apqs. Just want to let you know it very well could be a minor adjustment we need to make on the carraige wheels. Sometimes just a minor adjustment can make you go from hating panto's to loving them.

If you are standing at the front of the machine, look at the adjusting wheels (on the carraige) the hole in the bolt is drilled off center. therfore there is a narrow part ( from the outside of the hole to the outside of the bolt) You want that narrow part to be at 7-8 o'clock 6 o'clock would be the loosest position and that will probably be to sloppy. As you go up to 10 o'clock it will be getting to tight. When you adjust those wheels Do Not hold the bolt on the underneath, just turn the top bolt.

Let us know if you have trouble doing that and I can walk you through it over the phone.

Good Luck

Connie Hurst

Apqs

800-426-7233 ext.6

• 1 year later...

Archived