Any Upgraded Millie Owners or APQS Persons Out There?

raggie

Hello!

I finally got downstairs to try out my new millie and I have a few questions.

Those of you who have upgraded to the new millie may be able to help me out. I noticed that the needle up-down feature is a little sluggish. It works but it looks like it is on its last leg. Have you noticed that? It is warmed up. Second question...the bank of lights that used to be red on the older model on the top and are now green--when you are actually sewing in either SR or manual do the 1st two lights flicker? If not is there anyone from APQS who could help me?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to offer.

Becky

in St. Charles, MO:)

Becky,

I don\'t have the newest milli, mine is 6 months old so I can\'t help on the light question. It sounds like you need to adjust the speed a little. You can do it by adjusting the #8 screw. Here is the thread that explains it. It sounds scarier than it really is to adjust!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=5876#pid44809 to adjust the #8 screw for the needle-up/down.

Hi Becky,

Actually if you go to the back of your machine and in the back cover on the right hand side, you will see a little black plug. Remove that and on the inside is where you use a tiny screwdriver to turn the little gold screw counter clockwise to speed up your one stitch. We have moved the #8 as Heidi said to the back where it use to be under the top cover. And yes, that green light should flicker. :)

Becky,

I have had my new millie for several days now. The adjustment for the needle up/down is now different. Standing at the back of the machine, there is a small black cap on the right side. Remove that cap and use a small screw driver to adjust the needle up/down. The manual shows how to do this adjustment on page 207.

When sewing in manual or SR the 2 lights go on and off, giving the effect of flickering. I remember from my machine maintenance class that there is some kind of round disc (real technical lingo here) with small holes around the outer edge. If I remember correctly, it has to do with the needle up/down. The lights go on and off as the disc spins signaling the needle up/down position. When you are sewing in manual or SR, the needle is going up/down repeatedly, therefore the flickering lights. :P

Hope this helps.

Debbi

Thanks Heidi, Mark and Debbi! I\'ll give that a try when I get home from getting my taxes done. You guys are wonderful! Mark, I\'m signed up for the maintenance class in April so hopefully I will be a little more knowledgeable about these things. I\'ll let you know how I do when I get back. I\'m glad to know that those lights flicker. I was thinking there might be a short somewhere. Again, thanks for your help!

Becky;)

Archived