In your business: How much thread is "enough"?

My quilting rooms so small it wouldn\'t hold your thread and the machine, Sue.. hmmmm I only have 20 quilting thread spools/cones..

Yes Heidi M, I know I have more coming.. not here yet.. LOL, probably another 20 or so?? Oh, I forgot the kit of Neon colors, so maybe 40 coming next week?

RitaR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been some talk about a DVD, I was hoping to get out of doing it though LOL But we\'ll see. I am teaching the thread art class this year though, I am doing demo classes at MQX, MQS,Houston, Innovations, and I am having a hands on class in Burlington in July when Karen KcTavish comes to Canada to teach for us. Oh very exciting I am doing this on The Quilt Show this month, I mean it airs this month... I did the taping in the summer. You could check it out.. I think its www.thequiltshow.com and if you get America Sews Creatively I have done 2 shows for them, but that\'s on TV. Thanks for all the kind words ... I might have to make myself a cone head hat covered in thread to keep my head from swelling !!

• 6 months later...

I'm going through the older stuff to see what I missed...I ordered thread last night and was having guilt issues with ordering I think it was 8 cones...no guilt anymore. Sue Patten has to be the winner! And what's in the blue bins??? We should see who wins in the fabric stash department!

:P:P

SUE

Seeing these pictures brings me to think there is no CAT at your house or is this a studio where you don't live? Can you imgine a cat getting into this room and going to town chasing spools. ROTFLOL!!

My 2 small grandchildren got into my quilt studio for about 3 minutes unattended and when I went to pick one up they were all tied together with thread around their legs and feet. too funny!!!

You are right no cats in my house and my studio is now out side of my house which I LOVE!!! But when it was in my house I had to be sure that no thread was left where my dog could get at it... he loves to eat Valdani thread !!!! and I would go crazy when I would find the spool all chewed up with the center cone gone... he didn't eat the thread just the center cardboard cones but then the thread was nooooo gooodddd, of course I have it still LOL in a jar with my thread scraps, because one day I will do some fiber arts stuff and I will NEED IT !!! LOL Anyways just so all of you know I am running low on thread and can't wait to hit the shows and fill up my suite cases, my teachers bag (suite case that is usually full of thread) is almost empty and I am out of a dozen of my faves!!! How can I thread art with out thread... the 12 step program will have to wait... I NEED MORE THREAD AND I NEED IT NOW !!!!!:P:P:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Needed a good laugh today. Sue I am open mouth astonished at your thread. I feel like the poor little step-child. I have been very stingy with ordering thread cause I didn't want understand that is okay to have all that eye candy around but after viewing your thread and being around Linda R at Innovations, I realize there are some things in life are meant to be enjoyed, thread being one of them. I will never get that business credit card paid off. don't tell Miguel I am shopping again. He has been bragging about my not spending any money this year HAHA.

(I dashed to the Superior Thread booth the first instant the vendor malled opened. I had my inventory list in hand, had shopped on-line to view colors and marked what I thought I needed. My purchases filled four bags and included thread nets at a bargain price and two 72-count packs of pre-wound BottomLine. My justification?? My dollar will never be worth as much and the thread will never be priced so cheaply as it is at this exact moment! It was all wholesale-priced and no shipping! Sounds good, doesn't it? Then I arranged it on the floor at home-first by type, then by color, and when Dennis came home I was laying on my back on the floor surrounded by my treasures! Yes, I am goofy.)

Archived