what kind of machine do you have?

Ah, sewing machines..gotta love 'em!;)

My very first sewing machine was a Modern...classy machine in it's day. It is still alive and well and dwells in my oldest daughter's house. (Not that it gets used!):( When I ran out of space, she got that one and my youngest daughter got my Singer commercial, which I am due to get back as she doesn't sew either and she wants the space back. Both machines are in good working order but I just had to have a Viking Quilt Designer almost 2 years ago and I really LOVE that machine. I also have a Singer Featherweight II that I take to classes and sewing fests. And then there is Jennie, my Millenium......need I say more about her? I could give quite a lecture on her!! Such a sweetie! I've only been quilting about 2 years and once bitten I am posessed by the quilting bug!!:D Love everything that has to do with quilting, except frogging.:mad: (And I do my share of that)

It's so nice to see that there are so many others that are hit with the same stick.

Well..... all sewing machines are not made equal.

When I decided to start quilting, I had to buy a sewing machine. Bought a Husky, which I fought with until I bought a used Viking 1+. Then I bought a Bernina Artista 180, which was ok. Then... I took a seminar with a Viking Designer which I purchased and absolutely love. Between them all, I have about 20 Featherweights, 2 Jem Golds, and a Juki which does great on denim quilts. OH... and then at the Sisters Quilt show I bought the new Designer SE, which I haven't had time to try, but such a good deal! Should have been born triplets. And I love every single one of them, but my true love is the Designer and then the Featherweights. Sometimes certain machines just make better sewers. I envy people that can make any machine do what they want. Kinda like a good piano player.

I have a Millie I bought a year ago, and it certainly has not been love at first sight. We are still getting to know each other. And if she and I can't learn to get along, I just may trade her in for an A-1!!!

Norma,

That's funny.... I had an A1 Elite, which I loved.... but I traded "him" for a Millennium- which I LOVE even more!!!! :D:P:)- My machines are all males- because sometimes it takes a while to let him know who the real boss is!! LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!

(Alright guys- don't get your knickers in a knot!:cool:- I am just kidding!!!:P)

The machine I bought sews all kinds of stitches, has an embroidery attachment that you can buy all kinds of designs to use with it plus it has close to 200 designs included with it. It has more than I can describe, threads itself, cuts the thread itself, adjusts itself to al different types of fabrics, etc., etc. Quilting is not just sewing patches together. This machine has a stitch that looks like it was handstitched only better looking. It stiples. I think it is just marvelous. I think I got a good buy. I think I got a better deal then I would buying a new car and this is more interesting than a new car. It is all in what your interest is. I am interested in doing quilting other than just sewing patches together. I bought a cassette that is nothing but Redwork embroidery. I love Redwork and cannot wait to learn how to use it and make a redwork quilt.I love embroidery cloth furniture covers but dislike how long it takes to embroider them. I also have a Kenmore that will be 34 years old. It still works great but I wanted a machine that would do more than what it does. And as hubby says "if you are happy, I am happy."

Norma,

(I laughed so hard when I read your post about the "fling"....!)

Now, isn't that exactly like a male???- Just when you are ready to kick him to the curb, he shows up well-behaved, sweet as divinity, and wins your heart again!!! LOL!!!:D:P

(I know that you men out there are just waiting to pay me back for that remark!!! LOL!! LOL!!- I guess I like to live dangerously!!!:P:D LOL!!!)

Norma, I hope your "man" continues to make you swoon!!!

P>S> My A1 was named Vincent Van Sew (Gogh), Vinnie for short. My Millennium demanded a more modern and sexy namesake... so he is known as Troy (as in the total hottie Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry.... Woo! Woo!!!)

Archived