Vertical borders - turn quilt or rotate pattern?

Loes

Hi everyone,

I am working on a design set for Theo\'s new website http://www.pantosbytheo.com where Theo gave me my own section Patterns > Loes Designs, yeaahhh :)

It\'s a continuous border, repeatable and I will include four corner blocks in the set.

I have a question: how do you all quilt vertical borders: do you just turn the quilt? Or should I include a vertical border pattern?

Below is an image of the new design.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Loes

post--13461899391271_thumb.gif

I tend to turn the quilt if I\'m doing a long border. I have tried to turn the border design but the length of 15 to 16 inches along the sides makes it difficult to do a border for me personally.

Of course, if there are any words of wisdom on how to put in borders correctly along the sides...I\'m all ears!

Loes, that is a really cool looking design! I\'m not too savvy on this subject, but i would tend to agree with Joanne on turning to do the other borders-- as long as I had a good place to stop and start in the corner where I could match up and keep going, works for me! :)

PS: Theo better give you a section and special link for your own designs...you two are a team! :)

Loes,

That is a really pretty design. I\'m not great at panto\'s and using them just for borders but I would think that you would just need one side and turn the quilt to do the other two borders. There are some that do the borders as they quilt but I couldn\'t do that from the back and the design would only be able to be 12 - 15" or so to fit within the quilting field.

Thanks for the input!

The border set is meanwhile finished and uploaded to Theo\'s new website.

Take a look at http://www.longarmpatterns.com (section Patterns > Loes Designs)

All quilt patterns on Theo\'s website are available in all quilt formats (CompuQuilter, IntelliQuilter, Statler, MyQuiltingRobot, HQ ProStitcher, PC Quilter etc.) Oh, and also as a printable PDF. Everything together in one zipped file :)

Loes

Rita,

Thank you!! You made my day!!! When I finished the daffodil design, Theo said: "what\'s that, looks like 4 buckets with petals" and I said that those were daffodils and that everyone would know that :)

So thanks, you\'re my hero today <ggg>

Loes

Archived