Christmas block swap

Here are the lists. I will be emailing everybody the addresses over the weekend:

Teresa makes for Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra

Melora makes for Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D

Janet makes for Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam

Dawn makes for Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne

Bev H. makes for Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy

Kimmie makes for Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon

Diane makes for Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G

Jen W makes for Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo

Wilma makes for Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa

Judi O makes for Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy

Mary Lou makes for Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D

Karen makes for Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B

Saundra makes for Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V

Beth D makes for Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie

Pam makes for Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy

Susanne makes for Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette

Cindy makes for Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie

Shannon makes for Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W.

Barbara G makes for Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W., Shana

Merry Jo makes for Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, CArol

Lisa makes for Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen

Dorothy makes for Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi

Sandy D makes for Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette

Sheri B makes for Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita

Beverly V makes for Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa

Merenie makes for Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora

Nancy makes for Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet

Yvette makes for Roxie, Kristi W, Shana, CArol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita,Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn

Roxie makes for Kristi W, Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H

Kristi W makes for Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie

Shana makes forCarol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne

Carol makes for Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W

Coleen makes for Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma

Bobbi makes for Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O

Marlette makes for Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O, MaryLou

Rita makes for Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O, MaryLou, Karen

Every makes and mails 12. You get 12 back. Look closely. The people you mail to are not the same people you receive from.

I also tried to mix it up a bit from the last swap, so you weren\'t sending and receiving with the same people as the friendship blocks. Sorry if you have some the same. I did the best I could.

Remember to sign and date your block and write your city, state, country.

Blocks should measure 15 1/2" (or just a smidge larger for trimming). That way they will finish at 15".

Prewash your reds (SORRY!).

Have fun.

I don\'t think we even talked about background. I was just going to piece blocks using christmas prints in reds and greens with gold or cream for pieces if I need them. I still haven\'t decided on a pattern, and I need to get started, because I have to make a Christmas theme Relay for Life quilt by April 19th.

OK Missy T:

I have one question about the Christmas swap... Because you\'ve worked so diligently to ensure that the people you mail to are not the same people you receive from, then this will be super duper easy and we can quickly cut and piece..."mass produce" the same quilt block with the same fabrics if we wanted? That way (if we chose to) we could crank out 12 blocks (look all the same) and send these to the recipients? In the end everyone will have a scrappy quilt and all the blocks are the same but with different fabric choices (same red/green/gold color theme, though).

Do I have this correct? If so, I thank you for that. :) Making it an easy process ensures that we are more likely to finish these. Yaay! I see a new pretty Red, Green, Gold quilt in my future. When do we get started?

Shana,

Yes, you can make 12 IDENTICAL blocks (think My Cousin Vinnie). Everybody\'s quilt will be different because nobody has all the same people sending to them. There will be at least one different block in everybody\'s quilt, plus by the time we add sashing/setting blocks/strips/whatever; they will all look very different.

We did it this way with Friendship blocks and it\'s easy to fly through them and make them all in one sitting.

I hope you have fun.

You can start any time. I will email the addresses tonight or tomorrow, I hope. THe puter is not cooperating well today. Email is messing up for some reason.

I have a great way to keep track (and maybe you all do this already) - I copy Teresa\'s list and (rules) into a desktop file. Then I print it out and highlight myself and all the people I am sending to. I also highlight all the people who are sending to me... then when I receive a block I check off that person - then I always know who I need to send to or who I am waiting for a block from. I keep this in a file jacket marked "My Chat Girls".... LOL

Hope this helps someone other than me!

Teresa...this has been so much work for you and we get to reap the benefits.;) Thank you so much! This will be my first swap ever, so I\'m really looking forward to it.

Bobbette, you are so organized!! I\'m copying your way of keeping track--its great!

:)

Shana/All

I was under the impression we could do whatever block pattern we wanted to do.

Example: stars, log cabin, etc...as long as we did all 12 of them the same. Now, I could be wrong and we are all supposed to do some "star" pattern..??? I thought Teresa just used that as a suggestion.

I havent started mine yet, still waiting for the confirmation from Teresa on if we are free to do any type of pattern, or if we are to do any style of "star" pattern.

I thought I was just the colors "Red / Green / gold accents that we were to keep constant.

Which is it Teresa???? HUH???? Are you out there???????? Let us know what you want us to do, so we can all "follow directions! LOL!"

Shana,

You decide which block you want to make. Then make 12 identical ones and mail them out. You can choose anything that says Christmas to you.

I\'m looking at a couple of different ones: Doe and Darts, and Missouri Puzzle. I haven\'t decided what I\'m going to do.

You can go ahead and decide and get started whenever you are ready.

Got my list too! Thanks T. I\'m vascilating between two blocks... Guess you\'ll have to wait and see! the kool thing is that if someone makes the same block it will look completely different because we can\'t possibly have picked the same fabric....(huh?)

Dorothy: I\'m really not that organized, but I have "haze-timers" every so often, and I suffer from a very serious case of CRS! LOL

Archived