Christmas block swap

Bobbette....

Compared to me you are WAY organized. Example: My guild is having a class tomorrow that requires two rulers. I bought them...but I can\'t find them! I have no idea where they are...should make class interesting! And to think, I was so proud of myself for finding them both online and being ready. :P

:P Teresa!!

Well, my DH is out of town right now so what is a girl supposed to do?

1) I could roam the streets aimlessly

2) I could hang out in a bar and start up chain smoking and become a bar fly

3) I could play in my sewing room with the music cranked up and sew quilt blocks (and rip a few out, too) until my eyeballs fall out of my head (and I have to get up for work the next morning)

I chose option 3.

I picked a 9-patch star and used the red, green & gold fabrics from my stash. I ran out of some fabrics so I used other fabrics to finish them. So, not all of the blocks look exactly the same -- some are different, but I used the same colorway design.

Just labeled the envelopes. Will stuff a block in each envelope, along with a cute little "happy note" from me. I hope you like them. :)

And... here\'s to all of YOU SLACKERS who haven\'t started.... GIT BIZZAAAY AND GIT \'ER DUN!!! :P (just teasing...)

Shana - You\'re too funny!

Well, I haven\'t gotten to the quilt shop to get my fabrics yet. I have tons (a whole Rubbermaid bin full) of Christmas fabric from JoAnn\'s that I bought a few years ago, but as tempting as that is to use, I will wait till I get to a LQS for the good stuff.

I have decided that I will use up my "JoAnn\'s" 4 or 5 bins of fabrics for our Guild\'s charity quilts and use the good stuff for my other projects. I am trying to reduce my stash that has taken over my house. I can use these quilts to practice quilting on my "new to me" Liberty, as soon as I can get it set up and start playing. :) Everyone wins this way.

Oh, Shana I just got my Christmas block from you and I love it. You are definitely inspiring the rest of us to get busy. Hope your eyeballs didn\'t fall out as you worked on the blocks. I would pick option 3 as well, there is nothing more soothing that sitting at the machine making quilts or quilt blocks. Hope spring is close at hand for you. We have lots of blooming trees and flowers right now and it sure is nice to see, even though I love winter as well. Thanks again! Janet

• 2 weeks later...

Archived