No real problems, just irritations

Industrial Strength Self Stick Velcro does NOT stay stuck, with or with out glue, with or without tape, not even with all 3 from packing to duct tape, Bond 527 to Shoo Goo and Gorilla Glue. I\'m at my wits end with this.

Second.. I really wish I could have chosen between two section rollers or one solid piece.. one would work best for me since it is not going to be taken down and put up, until I\'m put down and in.

Third.. I agree.. the rails for the wheels could be a lot smoother, and after much fine tuning we have mine as slick as sn*t on ice.. finally.

Now.. I have the ceramic line guides and have no idea where the chat thread is for reference to place them.

1 Should there be one between the first loop above the spool, and the first 3 hole guide which we don\'t use all 3 holes in most of the time?

2. Should there be one between that first 3 hole guide and the second one, ?

3 should there be one between the tension disk and open hook, before I get up to the take up arm?

4 should there be one between the take up lever and the first pigtail??

I got 5 so guess I could stick one in my eyebrow if I wanted.. just medicine induced foggy thinking and would so very much appreciate some help and thoughts on this..

Thanks, RitaR

They are for fishing poles.. the inside is ceramic to prevent corrosion... many of the gals put them on the side of their machines to help stop the thread from flipflopping all over the room..

Sort of a guide, but not a drag or tension issue..

RitaR

Hi Rita,

I just installed the velcro and leaders on my Lenni poles last night...what is the problem you are having with them/yours? I put the two pole sections together, installed them in their spot (quilt back, etc), cleaned off the poles (they picked up lint and stuff from my carpet) and stuck the sticky velcro on them. Then attached my canvas leaders and today they are still stuck good and tight. After cleaning the poles off with a rag, I also rubbed them down with rubbing alcohol to remove any residual dirt/dust from them. I am curious to find out what is going on with your velcro. You can email me if you prefer.

In regards to the two section rollers....I bet you could order the solid rollers from APQS, give them a call.

Do a search on Sherry Rogers-Harrison name and you should find the thread where she talked about the ceramic fishing line guides.

I like the "sticking one in my eyebrow" comment...too cute! I do hope you are feeling better!

Hi Nadia.. We did the same when Penny was new back in mid Dec. I have yet to find a fix that will keep these leaders attached to the rollers,, even after sanding and cleaning them down...

I really don\'t want to try to buy new one piece rollers, have them come with the same adhesive resistant finish, even after sanding them down and cleaning them, and pay for shipping, when I have these which I would then have no use for, since I don\'t have room for a 15 or 20 foot table.. lol wink, wink.

Maybe it\'s our extremely dry winters and extremely humid summers.. which hasn\'t quite gotten here yet.. so that shouldn\'t be causing the problems.

I hate having to realign, then reattach leaders often with a quilt attached, just to do some quilting. A fast way to ruin an otherwise good day is to start out with problems and seeminly no solution. The machine is a jewel, a treasure.. but... :(

Maybe I just need to blow off some steam.. plant himself upside down and see if his wee feet grow..

I will be having my Beginnners class this next weekend, we\'ve several heads trying to think of various things to try, to do, to throw out, to whatever.....

Am sure I\'ll get good tips and hints and some fun out of that.

Thanks,

RitaR

Hi Rita,

This is the link Nadia was referring to... Go about half way down and you will see pictures from Sherry Rogers-Harrison and the guides.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=9286&page=1#pid81972

I know I have seen a post about the Lenni and the leaders...I will go search and see if I can find more info...

Ok - couldn\'t find anything else about the leaders.

The one item you haven\'t tried is the double sided carpet tape...maybe?

Hi Rita,

I\'m sure your beginner\'s class will be lots of fun and filled with information! Have a great time!

I\'m still stumped on why your leaders are not staying on the rollers...my canvas is 24" wide, even if they are not "glued" on tight, the tension of having a quilt between them should hold them onto the rollers. You shouldn\'t have to unroll them completely to pin on a quilt (thus losing the tension on them).

Hopefully you\'ll get some tips on this at your class...if not, take a picture and post or email it...that way I can see what\'s happening to your Lenni that is different from my Lenni. Irritation or not, let\'s see if it can be cured!

Hi Rita

I remember you mentioning your velcro coming unstuck before. I haven\'t had any problems with mine despite pulling one particular canvas off several times to re=allign it.

I\'m stumped. What did APQS say; I would certainly give them a call if you haven\'t. Maybe you had a dud batch!?

Sorry can\'t be of any help but feel your frustration.

Hi Rita

Sorry to hear about the problems with the velcro. One thing I did was to press very firmly to ensure that the glue was adhering. If you have had the velcro on and off a few times the glue may have lost its stickiness? Or, as suggested by Chris, maybe it was a dud batch. Perhaps you can pick some brains at your class and resolve the issue.

Judy

Archived