Lenni What's the Largiest size quilt?

Hello it has been a while since I have posted ...I was at the Rosemont quilt show few weeks back and was able to sew on the Lenni what a nice machine!!! I was impressed with the stitch quality and the price is brilliant...anyway what is the largiest size quilt you can do on a Lenni? The frame looks totally different is the construction similiar to the others? They say it can be broke down easily to move or store??? and lastely how does this machine compare the the LIberty...I have seen some comparisons to the Milli which size is a huge difference but I was thinking the Liberty was similiar in size....Thanks Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I am not an APQS rep (and I don\'t play one on TV, either :P) but I have compared models and can tell you that the Lenni throat space (20" x 8") is the same as the Discovery and Liberty.

The Lenni comes with a 10 foot table while the Liberty and Discovery come with 12 or 14 ft tables.

The Lenni (and the Liberty) have a stitch regulator, the Discovery does not.

I have quilted on the Lenni and it has the same great stitch quality that all APQS machines have.

For me, the big difference is the table, if you need to be able to break down and store your quilting machine periodically, the Lenni is for you. The table breaks down into 5 pieces and fits under a bed. How cool is that? :D Not all of us have big studios; some of us have studios that must be dining rooms several times a year. :D

I hope that answers your question. I\'m sure that one of the APQS reps will chime in. Or you can find your local APQS dealer by going to:

http://www.apqs.com/demo1.htm

Hi Jackie,

There is a 110 inches of pinning canvas.

There are two different types of 10 foot tables now.

One that breaks down and one that doesn\'t.

I played with Lenni all weekend at the Chadron show and it is sweet.

I wouldn\'t mind having one as a second machine.

If you want a 12 foot table with motorized advanced feed then you would want a Liberty.

Each machine has a 20 inch throat, Gammill Premier is 18 and HQ16 is 16 inches, etc.

Most important thing when buying a machine is getting the longest throat for more sewing space and having it stitch regulated.

Wow that\'s alot. I thought it was about 85 to90 inches. 110 minus the 8 to 10 extra backing would be 100 inches of quilt top. That is great.

I just had some ladies ask me the other day at the shop. Now I can pass that on to them. Nice to know there are two different tables. Really cool

Question is the $9900 price the same regardless of which table you choose or different?

Hugs

Grammie

One more thing I can add to what JoAnn and Linda have already said is that the table design on the Lenni will actually give you a few more inches of quilting space over the Liberty (this is per Mark). It has to do with the rollers (placement ? and ) being smaller in circumference than the rollers on the aluminum alloy tables.

You get about 12" with the Liberty and closer to 14-15" with the Lenni, even though you have the same throat size.

In answer to Grammie, the table that breaks down (with Lenni) is now $10,900.00. It is still 9900.00 with the table that does NOT break down into 5\' sections.

Hi all

I have a Lenni. Joanne is correct the canvas leaders are 110inches and I can pin on a full width bat which I think is 98 inches (250cm in metric in Australia). I am just finishing a practice piece with Matilda\'s Own wool/poly batting which is not the thinnest batting and I still have 14 inches to quilt with. No doubt if the top had many seams I may now be down closer to 13 inches.

I bought Lenni to do custom quilting. How much you can quilt (from the front of the machine) really depends on how long your arms are. The Lenni only has standard handles so for me at 5\'4" reaching over the rollers, 10 inches is within the comfort zone, but I can certainly stretch the full width.

Pros and cons on a 10 foot table compared to 12 or 14. Are you quilting for others/are you ever going to do a king sized quilt? I\'m only quilting for myself and the largest quilt I can fit into my washing machine is about 95 inches which fits on a queen size bed.

The frame is totally different in that the wheels are not horizontal on the carriage like the other models. The track on the model I have (breakdown model?) is nylon not aluminium. Whether this affects performance I don\'t know as I have nothing to compare it to.

After only having the machine for 4 weeks I am still on the learning curve and I\'m hoping that as more Lenni owners become more familiar with their machines and find out what is or isn\'t an issue, that there will be lots of useful discussion.

Judy

Regards, Judy

Hi Chris

Do you know any more on the new Lenni table? Does it have the nylon rails like the tables we received. I know there\'s been a lot of discussion on the roughness of the nylon with new owners having to remove burrs with sandpaper before they could get the machine to run smoothly.

Can anyone advise?

Judy

Judy,

I think that Lenni was initialy introduced on a metal table, then quickly it was changed to the wood ones we now have. I just had a class with Dawn at APQS April 5th. There was another student there and she was taking home with her the current wood table with the metal legs. Her machine came with the first metal table. Hope that helps. Christi

By the way, my canvas leaders are 102 inches. So I\'d say max backing size is 100-102. Minus 4-6 inches for top size. 96 inches for the quilt top, 98 might make it if you were to really push it. I have had my Lenni for 6 weeks. I like everything about it except the nylon rails. If the would offer my metal rails tomarrow I\'d be first in line. Christi

Hi Christi

Just ran out to check that leader length - phew! Mine are definitely 110 inches which still allows me to park the machine either side of them. I\'ve had mine for 4 weeks and it took 4 weeks to reach me in Australia. So ours would be roughly the same age. Guess I was just lucky getting longer leaders! Mind you I\'m still waiting for the bobbin winder and a couple of smaller items that weren\'t sent.

I\'ve just put on a real quilt to see how it quilts up and will try to post a picture.

Judy

Hi Chris,

The table that is for the $9,900 now does not break apart to the two 5 foot sections. It does break apart, but you will have the fabric rollers and 2 pieces of angle iron that make up the bed of the frame that will be 10\' long. The carriage wheels ride on the lip of the angle iron as that is our track and frame all in one since it doesn\'t break down. I hope that answers your questions. :)

Take care,

Is it smoother running on the angle iorn rails on the other table? I\'d really like an answer to this question. Roughness in the nylon rails is something that dissapoints me. I feel it dimminishes the quaility a bit more than I\'d like. Could be psychological, but I don\'t really think so. Has any one played on both styles of tables and rails? Are these angle Iorn rails the same material that is used on the Millenium table? I know that those are horizontal and not verticle, but are they the same and positioned differntly? Lots of questions, would love answers!

With the angle iron for the rails and the frame of the table, the wheels still run vertically. These angle irons are all one piece and 10\' long. With the break down table frame we needed something to bridge the gap if you will with the two sections. Thus we have the nylon track in one piece. I don\'t think there is much of a difference in feeling as I have run both machines on both table frames. If the nylon still feels bumpy, you can sand more if needed. We do sand them down and polish them before they ever leave the factory.

Hi Christi,

I have been using my Lenni now for about 5 days and I have the table that breaks down into two five foot sections with the nylon track. I also have a Millennium. I have not sanded my nylon at all, I feel it doesn\'t need it, however...I noticed a few bumps or "high spots" on my nylon track when the track wasn\'t pushed far enough into the groove on the table. All I did to remedy this was take out my rubber mallet and pounded (not hard) the track further into the groove and voila! no more bumps. I was using at first a block of wood and a hammer and didn\'t get the results I was wanting, so I went out and bought my own rubber mallet. I kneel down at the end of the table and eyeballed the track all the way down the length of the table and I could see the "high" spots, went along with my rubber mallet and evened them out and now it\'s so smooth riding. I am impressed with the setup, a good addition to my studio!

I think I would have liked the choice between the metal continuous rail and the nylon. I do not have a particular need to break the machine down and I think a continuous rail might have been less problematic.

APQS initially had a design problem with the join in the rails which they sorted but despite it being said that the nylon rails leave the factory sanded and polished they need some considerable work on delivery. Mine were ver rough and bumpy.

I\'m thinking the metal rails might present less of a problem so I would like to have had the choice and possibly paid less!

My Lenni is in route, due to arrive on Tuesday. Up until reading the information above I assumed I would be receiving the 10\' table that breaks down in to 5\' sections. I had no idea there were different tables or costs associated with the tables. Perhaps someone at APQS could explain the reason for the change to two tables. I ordered my machine on March 10th and it is due to arrive on April 29th.

If I end up with the table that does not break into two sections, does it still break down for storage?

Kathy:cool:

Hi Kathy,

Congrats on your soon to arrive Lenni. Contact your dealer and ask them if they can find out for sure about your order. Or you can contact APQS too and ask them. There are now two choices for tables...one that breaks down or "stowaway" and the standard table that does not break down. I think it was Mark that mentioned in a post on one of these threads that the rollers and the track on the new tables do not break down.

Archived