Pre Designs software

Hi

I was wondering if any of you have purchased the

pre design software program, if you have is it easy to design

pantographs. And it the program easy to use.

Just wondering if we can save money by designing out own.

Thank

Hi Joy

If only I could do a decent pantograph! I just can\'t follow a line. I\'m considering the circle lord or those new boards that you follow with a stylus.

That said, the pre-design looks really good and it would be an excellent way of designing and printing out your own pantographs. It\'s been a while since I bought a panto but they were at least $A25 each.

Judy

Hello Joy,

I think this sounds like a good thing and would also be interested in finding out how it works. I\'ve been playing around with sheets of A3 paper and photocopying them to make pantos. A tad tedious but the results were good.

Hi Judy,

I find doing pantos somewhat theraputic, it just takes a little while to get the hang of it. I do dry runs with the machine before I stitch, sometimes I just stand at the back of the machine and trace the panto with my finger too, much to the childrens delight....they think I\'ve lost the plot!

Timeless Quilting Designs have a "order 4 only pay for 3" deal at the moment. They have some beautiful designs too and there here in Oz!!!

Cheers

I have actually digitized some pantographs with pre-design. It is really easy to use. You can try the free download to see for yourself before you buy. That is what I did. You just load the picture, fade the background and follow around the edge of your picture by clicking your mouse. You decide what size you need and print out the pages.

Joy,

I\'m working on my first panto now. I don\'t use pantos often and do mostly custom type work. That is mostly what I use it for. I\'ve used a lot of software and I have to say this is so easy. Theo is a wonder at designing pantos and I don\'t think you can go wrong. What I love about this software is that you can import a picture of anything and then just trace off what you want. Hide the image and easily copy and paste. It really is super simple!

Joy, I tried the free download long enough to decide that I wanted the software. I plan to use it mostly for custom block motifs. The software is easy to use. I am taking Loes\' class at MQS. I am already seeing design ideas everywhere. We have a beautiful mountain in our town. The shape against the morning sky is very distinctive.

I need morning light to get all the shadows of the rocks and ridges. I want to capture that in a photo and then put that in Pre-Design. I think that it will make a great whole cloth. Just print out the pieces, tape together and go.

Oh wow Linda, what a nice idea! It will work wonderfully when the sun is behind the mountains: you\'ll get a sharp contrast in your photo. You just have to show it in class!

It\'s wonderful to read that you are seeing designs everywhere too :)

Joy, take a look on page http://quilters.pre-design.eu/mqs_class1.htm to see how to get inspired and "dream up" designs. If you like, you can try the software first. There\'s a 21 day fully functional trial version on page: http://quilters.pre-design.eu/trial.htm

Oh, and just for fun, look at this thread: http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=8706

Loes

Archived