MQS - So Far!!

It looks like you all are having a wonderful time. Shana, you look so pretty there riding in that Buick. :) I love your big smile.

I guess I am looking at 2010 to get my turn. I have hotel reservations in Manchester (MQX) in 2009, so MQS will have to wait another year.

I also recognize Linda card at dinner, but I can\'t tell who the others are. Anyway, you all seem to be having a great time.

Let\'s see if I can name them all...starting with...

Linda Card - Ramona Quilter

Donna Smith - Sam\'s Mom

Cheryl Ranes - Socalgal - (our newest member...we signed her up to the chat yesterday :D)

Chris - Quilting Midwife

Jeanne - Shadows4

Barb Mayfield - Barb Mayfield :)

next 2 people - I can\'t remember :) sorry

Tracye Q

Sheri B

Shana - Quilt Monkey

can\'t remember -sorry

Mary Cramer

"A lurker"

Ramonia Dinkla

Glenda - Quilting Nanny

Elke (hope the spelling is right)

I\'m sure Elke thought she was with the wrong group by the time I got her back to her hotel!! But she kept smiling!!

Yea, I get to come - leaving Tulsa 4:00 AM to get there in time for an 8:00 class - keep your fingers crossed. Only problem is I don\'t think I have a room yet. (made a couple of contacts - but no word back). Maybe I didn\'t sound desperate enough in my earlier post! Will share expenses and bring my own bed - so if you know of any spare space, please let me know ASAP. Otherwise be sure to look for the sleepyhead in the white Van Friday morning and wake me in time for class!

Hi Mary Beth!

I\'m the lurker that met you on the way out of the convention center to the quilt shops!

Funny story! My friend, Cynthia, said there was a group going "shop hopping". So I stopped to look at the addresses of the store. It was this APQS group. I said to the lady, "oh didn\'t Mary Beth post a list of stores on the APQS chat?". She said, "oh, do you mean me?" and showed me her name tag! I was like, "DUH!" What a dork I was!

By the way, Mary Beth, you look MUCH younger in person than you avatar (what we can see of it!).

We are on our way back to the show this afternoon. REALLY ready for the SHOPPING FRENZY!!!

And, Shana, it was nice to meet you in the judging room! :)

Karen

Thanks, Mary Beth.

I printed the names out and scrolled back to the picture, trying to put a face to the names. What fun.

Last year in Paducah I tried to find Teresa (chickenscratch), but that didn\'t work out. I think we were to wear purple ribbons to ID anyone from the chat, but I didn\'t see any other purple ribbons there. So far, I have only met Shana in person. Ooops, and some APQS staff, too.

I hope to meet many more of you over the years. I have to say that I really feel like part of a large, wonderful group of sisters (and brothers, too) within the APQS family. I was part of the chat for a few years while I was researching LA machines and everyone was so helpful and so kind. Now that I am (FINALLY!!!) a Liberty owner, I feel "officially" part of this great community. Thanks everyone!

Looks like everybody has had a great time last night.

How I wish I could be there as well. Maybe next year again...

How about spending some money during the shopping frenzy today in memory of those who cannot be there in person :D...

Have fun everybody, enjoy the quilts, learn the latest tricks and techniques and laugh your way through the show!

I\'m with you spirit,

Birgit

I\'ve seen some of the quilts there and they are awesome. will post some pictures for those that can\'t make this year later today or tomorrow while setting in a booth.

HOpe to see all you there, now that i have your mug shots i know who to look for..he he..

You guys are having way too much fun! Stop that!! :mad: This is supposed to be a learning experience--I\'m sure that fun is not supposed to be involved. ;) Now staighten up and act like the professionals you all are...or NOT!:P:P:P

(wish i was there!!:()

Thanks Mary Beth for posting the pics. It is sure nice to see some familar faces and new ones too!! At least now I can put faces with some names......sure wish I was there but like Cheryl said.....we will be there next year. We can\'t let you have ALL the fun...:D:D Keep us updated on the Quilt Show and you girls have a ball!!

Renae

This is my very late new years resolution. To **** with loosing weight, that is so over rated anyway. My new resolution is that I will be going to MQS, this is a win win. I get to go and for once in my life I will have actually done my new years resolution. I can\'t wait until Dec to tell the DH.

Have a great time for me, and see you all next year!!!!

Brendalee;);););)

Archived