Part of Leader Problem Solved.

I\'m fairly sure as soon as many saw my subject they ran.. able to or not! Actually I hope this will be helpful to ANY Lenni owner that has the 2 piece rails.

Well, the rails or rollers being 2 piece, connect, and the instructions say Hand Tight. Well, apparently in rolling the quilts, on and off, and to quilt them, and the vibrations of the machine, the joint has come loose.. and partly unrolled.. Still at the ends by the end boards, NOTHING will hold those leaders on.

I also have black chips of paint falling on the table at both ends, from when we roll the quilt.. not happy with that stuff all over..

All said, I\'m not angry, frustrated, trying to be snotty.. am just making a statement.. If you have two piece Penni rollers, Tighten them down with pipe wrenchs, THEN put the leaders on.

If that doesn\'t solve the problem with Penni, we are taking them up to our friendly welder and having them permanently put together.. He also smoothes them so it\'s hard to find the joint, AND paints them for us, no extra charge.

Almost too funny, I told himself he HAS to learn to piece, put borders on, make backings, load them on Penni and figure out how to do it all, and I INSIST he does it. Just at the right time, we both ended up with several pieces of official UGLY FABRIC, of various sizes from half yard on down to I think 4 by 4, which we have to use in a quilt top, and show at the Christmas Social.. Believe me they are ugly, too. We plan to use the Amy Winsor Whacky houses to use up the fabric.. I think she calls the classes as aimed for the precision impaired quilter.. meaning nothing has to be exact, no corners to match a window can go on at a tilt and it\'s fine..

That set him up with interest.. Lord, forgive me, for a quilt he also has to zig-zag the edges down.. I didn\'t tell him that. Maybe his can be a wall hanging down in the shed. Keep those Carpenter Bees away.

Anyway by insisting he join in, he seems less enthused and not being such a pesty PEST about it all.

Will be fun to see what will happen.

RitaR

Rita I too have a problem with black soot coming from the ends of my rails & from the middle. it was staining one of my leaders so I taped the center with masking tape, it had not occured to me they may be loosing up , Ill have to take a close look when I take my quilt off tomorrow.

Penny I.

I just checked all my rollers & all were working loose. Now tightened & my husband said when Im rolling the leaders onto the roller, roll on the right side of the joint only , when Im unrolling, unroll it on the left side of the joint.THAT WAY THE JOINT SHOULD REMAIN TIGHT. I have also put masking tape over the joints as well. The side pieces he said we could just sand off the paint on the spots its rubbing, otherwise it will soon just finish working that bit of paint & it will stop..

Penny I.

Archived