Gunold Thread supplier

I bought two 1,000 yd mini-cones at MQS. The vendor was on the end of the second row from the right. I can\'t find my vendor map that I got at the show so I don\'t know the name of the vendor. I would love to visit his site and see what other colors he has. He was Indian/Pakistani fellow and had more embroidery stuff than quilting.

Does anybody know who this guy is or where I can get more Gunold thread??

Glenda, that was the place. I didn \'t know that was marathon thread. Thank you so much for letting me know. I\'m going to go check that out. I loved that copper thread. I think that I paid $3.50 for 1000 yds - is that a good deal.? Where is our local mathematician.... Mary Beth ....

If a train leaves the station..... and buys 1000 yds of Gunold thread for $3.50 a mini-spool, is that a good deal?

Linda R - I just used it top and bobbin and it was a dream. Cotton but low lint. Beautiful color and no sheen. I\'m going to try to get some more. You said it came in lots of colors. I love the foot print of cotton. But Signature has such a limited selection of colors.

OK - found it. Even though the cone says Gunold, they look the same. It is in Canada. I could not find a site in the US that showed the colros and prices. The web-site, in case anybody else is interested, is:

http://www.marathonthreadscanada.com/cotton.html

Linda do you know what weight the cotton thread is ? I have been looking for a cotton thread that would sew wonderful have the thick look of cotton , like I use for topstitch on garments , I have a client who loves bold bright colors and likes to see the thread . She is a jewel to quilt for , her quilts are very colorful I get to use very bright bold colors it is just sew much fun .

Archived