So...I know some of you have taken this class...maybe some of you have tried it. My question is, how difficult is it to do? I have the book and have had for a long, long time. Just recently I have been thinking of trying to tackle it, only because I think I am ready for the psycho ward and this should do it for me:D

Hey MB. I had Sharon\'s piecelique class at MQS and loved it. It is so easy and fast to do and the results are fantastic.

Give it a try, but be warned that it does involve glue. I know you have somewhat of a history using glue!! :P:P

Basicaly you make 2 freezer paper templates of the block. One of them you cut out into the piecies. You then starch fabric around the cut out piecies. Then (here\'s where the glue comes in) you glue the pieces together on top of the other freezer paper template. After the block is glued, then you just sew on the creased lines created by starching the piecing around the cut out templates. Make sense???

Debbi

I just went to her web site...since I am a poor machine quilter I have not bought into her membership thing. I did find directions that were better then what she has in this book...and there is a DVD, I may get that to help me out.

By the way....I will be going through your fair city tonight! DH just emailed me and wanted to know if I want to go to Belle Plaine this weekend. Guess since gas has gone up...he wants to take a road trip!!

Wave as you go by tonight. I\'m just a few miles off I-80 and Altoona. Stop for a rest if you want!! Or stop and eat in Altoona. I\'ll come and join you. :cool:

You can get a limited membership to Sharon\'s network and download as many videos as you want during that time. My longarm guild also has a guild membership. Everyone who joins has the same as an individual membership and it costs each member only a fraction of the individual membership.

Debbi

I purchased her binding videos and I love the way she used Elmers Glue to achieve what she does.

I plan to use the same techinique. I am working on a small scale practice piece. I have always been good with binding so if after trying it I can always go back to my way. It is however so accurate or it appears to be.

I think her knowledge is something we can all listen to. Her piecelique is very cool. I have only seen it demonstrated but it gives very good results. I haven\'t watched that DVD yet. I will soon though.

I also know that there are many winners who do not use her tehniques so it is about doing the best you can with what knowledge you have or a combination of many techniques and devising your own. Winner come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Talent is Talent.

Sometimes some of us just don\'t have the dicipline or desire to do certain techniques. I mean some of these things take so much time and patience. We tend to want what is the fastest and easiest. Is that proper grammer? lol

I know you saw the quilt in her daughters booth and WOW is all I can say. Those results I think EARN the attention they get. I think her quilting is beyond beautiful. I also have seen other talented quilting techiniques that were equally as beautiful.

All I know is if I could produce a Quilt that appraises for 30K plus (and some over 40K) I would have achived something. I suppose it doesn\'t mean that someone would pay that price for a quilt But Probably.

I took her pillow Trapunto class and I learned so much. I loved the class. She has a great knowledge about INDUSTRIAL machines. I would feel like I had reached the top if that were the case for me. WOW you know what I mean.

I think we all need to be fed by others but in the end we find what works for ourselves and we indulge in the pleasure of doing what makes us happy as creative people.

Maybe I\'m wrong but if I\'m as good as I\'m gonna get I\'m ok with that but I do work toward getting better every day. I do it for me and only me. Who knows someday maybe it will reap rewards. I could take that. lolol

Your very talented so find what you WANT to do and DO it. I know you can.

PS you are too funny!!!

Hugs to ya,

Grammie Tammie

Tammie...

You are too wise!!

I did try her binding technique...I think my problem was....

1. I was in a hurry to finish.

2. I didn\'t have that fine tip on my glue bottle, so I had glue up to my "eye lashes" (that\'s for Mr. Margie).

3. I was in a hurry :)

4 I felt rushed...

Okay, enough...

today I purchased the tiny tips for my glue bottle. I have also found a place on her site that give more details on this technique so I downloaded and save it. It is not the video, but very good illustrations of Sharon doing each step, and instructions. That should help.

Wow, I have a long ways to go.....I don\'t know nearly enough...only enough to be pretty dangerous!! But I\'m working on it.

Thanks for your insite.

It was so good seeing you at MQS

Any time I buy any kind of glue, Margie starts scanning the aisles for the appropriate glue remover!

The last type I tried for some project or another had the following instructions for removal:

"Within the first 8 to 10 minutes, this product may be removed with ample amounts of acetone used with a rough scouring pad. After curing time, it must be removed mechanically (that means with an angle grinder....) or allowed to wear off."

Margie bought what she thought was an "ample amount" of acetone, but she proved not fast enough and I had to let some glue wear off. Some of it is still there... She wouldn\'t let me use the grinder on the kitchen counter tops.

Sometimes you just need a little more power. So far, I haven\'t found a glue stronger than my ability to tax it. The problem is that you can\'t get it to let go of the things that don\'t need to be glued, yet the thing you really want stuck falls off in the floor...

So, the glue incident was what caused it?? We\'ve been wondering:D

Mr. Margie

I\'m using Piece-lique for the chuppah I\'m making at this moment. I had the picture drawn completely with no idea how I would be able to construct it. Sharon\'s tecnique came to the rescue. It is time consuming and I found out you should use an old iron the the spray starching part unless you want to clean your iron lots. I\'m going to the NW LA group meeting tomorrow so maydo I\'ll learn how to post pics for you\'ll but it looks great (in my opinion)

Ha Ha Ha

I\'ve changed my share of diapers and that was back when you took the (cloth) diaper and had to rinse it out in the stool, then wring it out and put it in the diaper pail. What I wouldn\'t have given for a suspension of my sense of smell....

Margie changed many more, but I think mothers have a built in immunity to that sort of thing.

That is the way I did diapers too, until one day we were about to have a blizzard and my parents came by and picked us up to take us to the grocery store. I had a load of diapers in the washing machine with bleach and detergent. The washer had not filled with water and I turned it off to go shopping. When I got back home I started it all back up and finished the load. When I pulled the diapers out of the dryer I noticed a ton of lint :o That was strange since this was not the first time they had been washed. When I started folding them there were holes big enough to throw a softball through!! :P:D I had 4 dozen diapers full of holes. I had to be very creative when I folded them to make sure they "caught" everything then needed to :P:D Shortly after that I started buying Pampers!!

Archived