My First Pre-Design

I have a paper doll quilt that is going on the machine next. My customer wanted paper dolls quilted in the border like the ones that are appliqued in one of the blocks. Well, I dug out the Pre-design software I bought several weeks ago, took a picture of the applique, traced it in predesign and had my first project finished in no time. It\'s nothing like Loes or Theo would make, but I\'m pleased with it!! I just can\'t figure out how to get rid of the gray in the circles that connect the dolls.

Debbi

post--13461899793623_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Debbi,

Wow, that looks too cute!!!

Getting rid of the grey circles is easy: just set the View menu to show Lines Only.

The View menu in your drawing is set to show Color Fills, which is a view you would need for embroidery digitizing.

Really cute!!

Loes

Maybe you could use the same paper doll of your border to create a matching block too:

In this example I traced one of your dolls, started drawing at the feet, to be able to align the dolls, selected the doll, took Pre-Design\'s Magic Circle tool and made it into this block. Then moved the points at the feet to make the entire block one continuous line.

Just fun :)

Loes

post--13461899799492_thumb.jpg

To open a picture in Pre-Design to trace it: choose menu Background > Load From > Picture file.

In the example above (the paper-doll block), I right-clicked on Debbi\'s image, chose "Save Image As" and saved it on my desktop. Then I openen Pre-Design, chose menu Background > Load From > Image file. Browsed to my desktop and opened the image. In the next window I changed the height value into 6 inch and clicked on OK.

Then I took the Curve tool and started tracing just one of the dolls: I started at the feet because I wanted the doll to line up at the feet as one continuous line. Then I selected the doll, used the magic circle tool and played a little with the number of objects and the spacing. Then moved the end point of one doll on top of the startpoint of the other doll.

Oh and I had a cappuccino of course :)

If you look at the time between my two posts it took me about 17 minutes, but that includes making the cappuccino.

Hope this helps.

Loes

Cute, I love doing the paper dolls on quilt borders. Claudia when will you be mailing the new CD/Book? I sent my order during MQS. I bought your program at the same time and love it!!! It goes great with my embroidery PE-Design. Can\'t wait to start printing pantos.

Originally posted by dtreusch

I finished the quilt last night. The paper doll border came out great. The quilt is so cute. This is one lucky 5 yr old!!

Thanks for a great program Loes!!

Debbi

Wonderful! Okay Debbi, you may take 5 minutes rest now, take a nice cup of cappuccino and then send us the photos :)

Loes

Archived