"Cosmic Twist" Bargello with a Twist pictures...

I finished quilting this quilt a few days ago....it\'s called "Cosmic Twist" Bargello with a Twist, copyright 2008, Eileen Wright. I quilted it for the pattern designer Eileen. The photos are posted with Eileen\'s permission.

A quilt *I* quilted will grace the cover of a pattern! How cool is that??

post--13461899793698_thumb.jpg

Hi Nadia, I love that kind of bright and kind of wonky.. can\'t say as Id be visual enough to use the lines you did, which worked out great.. Hope I can remember your solution.

I love the green, the broken chains of color which start up again.. Congrats to the designer. And to you!!! Good Job.

RitaR

This is the coolest quilt I\'ve ever seen. I told Margie that this is the quilt I want to make for my first one!!

She laughed at me....:mad:

She thinks I need to learn blind stitch binding first....:mad:

I think she\'s doing what I always did to the kids when we went fishing - "You have to paddle the boat for an appropriate number of years, and when you get good enough at that, I\'ll teach you how to fish."

Mr. Margie

That is a great quilt!

Love the pattern, your beautiful steady-handed quilting, that georgeous back--all of it!

Where did you find that three-handed person to hold up the quilt for you?

Will you be at Innovations this year? I would love to meet you! Your quilting is stunning!

Nadia,

Love bargello - have a huge one in my living room - one of first big quilts I made - someone else did the LA work since I had no idea at the time that I really wanted to do everything all by myself:P;). Yours is absolutely fantastic - love the colors - great work!!!

Meg:cool:

I have to say I am not a bright fabric person...BUT I have tosay that this quilt is gorgeous....and so like Jessica, I have NO idea how to quilt one, this does take the mystery out of it.

And also congrats on being the front cover quilter...that is such an honor.

Congrats for being on the pattern cover and the quilting is wonderful. I have made 2 Bargello quilts one is a heart Bargello and both are for my King size bed so I can change them often. One is in blue/purple/bk and the other you won\'t at all believe with out seeing a pic....:D because it is purples/cream/red.

I love the bright colors and I was stuck for a long time "in my box", and just chose bright colors, but I have expanded to Civil War, Kansas Troubles and more muted colors. But there are times I will go back....;)

Is this pattern going to be a single or in a book? What is the name of this pattern, do you know yet?

Renae

Thanks everyone! The compliments are just wonderful, I really appreciate everyone\'s input. This is a great chat board isn\'t it!!??

I\'ll try to anwer everyone\'s questions here....

Heidi....yes, the quilting is all done with a ruler, I lined up each intersection and stitched straight across. By doing this you get the curved look when all along the lines are straight. I did try doing a wavy line, actually quilted a section of the quilt that way, but found it was too distracting from the fabric lines in this pattern. There are ALOT of stops and starts, thank god for the fabric advance on my pick up roller, it is a definite advantage and benefit to have a fabric advance when you are quilting long runs of lines and going back and forth alot. I knot and bury all my thread tails, so every stop and start I did is impossible to find.

Mr. Margie...piecing a top such as this is not difficult, actually I will be making this top this summer in my own colorway. I think the hardest part is going to choose fabrics that will make the top sparkle! You build stratas of fabric and cut your strips according to the pattern. I made a basic bargello quilt a few years back and pieced a large lap size in one day. I say give it a try!!

Linda Rech....ha, ha, ha!!! I like that, a three handed person! My son was not impressed that his fingers can be seen on the internet.... My husband and teenage son have gotten really good when I say, can you please come and hold up this quilt while I take a picture of it? I am hoping to make it to Innovations this year, I made the mistake of bringing the family last year for a holiday, so will not be doing that again this year, lesson learned. I would love to get together with a bunch of people and get to know/meet everyone, maybe we can plan something. Has anyone booked rooms yet? I\'d like to see if I can share costs with someone, travel and hotel etc... thanks for the huge compliment on my quilting, I love quilting!

Merryjo....I started out with a top that was immaculately pieced. This top was sooo perfect, every seam pressed in the correct way, dead on 1/4" seams, the whole works. The pattern designer has very high standards, my kind of person! (I have very high standards when I quilt other people\'s quilts) I also used alot of pins and basting to keep everything square as I advanced and rolled back. The ruler work was slow going, but needed to be for accuracy. It was alot of fun to quilt, I enjoy good challenges.

Renae.....yes, this pattern is available as a single, actually Eileen has designed a number of the twisted bargello quilts, and all are available to purchase separately. She is also working on a book which will be going to the publisher this fall....and yes, I will get credit for the quilting in her book too!!! How totally cool is that!!! This pattern is call "Cosmic Twist" Bargello with a twist. It is a strip pieced project and measures approximately 60" x 80", copyright 2008, Eileen Wright. It is available to purchase at a couple of quilt stores in British Columbia, Canada. If you are interested in it, send me an email and I\'ll forward the contact info.

Thanks again to everyone, for the wondeful comments on the quilting, it has made my day!

Archived