3rd roller bar

I always float my tops - with that said I think it would be easier to load a quilt if the third roller bar (the one the top is usually pinned to) is removed. Does anyone know of any reason why I should keep this bar on? Just want to get some feedback before I go through with removing it.

There have been discussion on this before. I would love to remove mine too....I think :o I have just started floating my tops, but don\'t know if I always will. You can remove that bar, but you will need to do something with your break, like put a "fake" bar in the top notch of the break where the top bar was. I think you can use a heavy PVC pipe or a piece of "real" pipe.

Yes, I\'ve removed the bar. I also float my tops, so the bar is not necessary. I like to sit on a stool for lots of my stitching and the bar just gets in the way. I\'ve just wrapped the bar in plastic and have it stored under the table. I\'m sure at some stage I\'ll try some technique that you need the top bar for.

Regards, Judy

I have one. LOVE it.

This little darlin\' (with the funny name) makes my life so much easier! Ok, not my whole life - but at least my quilting life is easier! :)

It wasn\'t expensive - it was easy to install and the only thing I could have wished for is that APQS would have introduced it sooner.

Here\'s what it looks like:

And nothing is just what we got. Double bummer. :(

Sorry.

I got an error message that says this:

MySQL has encountered an unknown error. To find out the exact problem, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

Being as I have no idea what it means to set the debug flag to true, I\'ll just try to post the picture of my Texas Hold\'em bar sometime later when the server is a little less picky. :)

Gayle\'s husband made me a short black metal bar that matches the other bar. I think he sells them but i will call her tonight and ask her to post if he does.

Just remember that you can not pull your machine all the way forward .

Raquel Birch

APQS Sales Representative

For me, "not too much" was $50 (that was several months ago, tho, and the price may have changed since then)

I would have paid almost anything - ok, not really ANYTHING, but anything reasonable to be able to remove that top bar.

It did take a little getting used to - like how to pin the back on without flipping the canvas over that #2 bar and recognizing where the end of the quilting space is.....but once you\'ve got those two things down, no worries.

I don\'t think it\'s listed on the supply page. I didn\'t know what it was called at the time, so I just described it to the gal at the order desk......"you know, the little short bar thingy that replaces the #2 bar.......? Technical, eh?

Hi everyone...Gayle here.

There was some discussion about this awhile back. I wanted my third roller bar removed so my DH made me one. I will ask him what he would charge...but they are heavy so I\'m not sure about shipping. I\'ll ask him, then check on shipping and get back to ya. See the previous chat link below.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=8305#pid71149

Romantic? My Studio? Ha!

That picture just proves how low lights can hide a mess. When all the lights are on it looks like the tazmanian devil blew through! :)

I\'m afraid to light candles down there - am smart enough to know that I\'d forget to blow them out. And soft music....uh....nope. Not here. Music, yes. Just not the soft kind.

Oh, Mary Beth.....you might check with Janet or Mary at Country Lane Quilting in Lee\'s Summit....They\'re also APQS dealers and they might have one of those bars in stock and could bring it to the Mo-Kan meeting and save you shipping......

Just a thought.

Archived