Camp Mowana

sewbobby

I am interested in going to Camp Mowana, I will be flying in from Sacramento CA, is there anyone interested in talking about which airport to fly into and how to get from the airport to the Camp and just general info on how to work out all the details? Thought some of us might want to share a rental car etc? Feel free to email me at sewbobby@yahoo.com or phone me at 530-647-1077

I know well have a fun fantastic time.

Barb

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barb,

I\'m going to camp again this year. It was so much fun last year! I flew in from NY and a gal, Irene, coming from Canada picked me up at the airport and we drove the rest of the way together. I think this year I\'m going to drive from NY. It is only 9 hours so I don\'t think that would be that bad and it is a pretty easy drive. Maybe DeLoa can tell you of others flying in or coming by the airport. I\'ll have to look at directions to see if going by the Cleveland airport will be my path, if so I could pick you up. You would have to find a ride back to the airport though because I\'ll be going to Indianna to visit a friend after camp. There were a few others from Buffalo last year so maybe you could hitch a ride with them back to the airport. If my plans change and I decide to fly I\'ll let you know.

Heidi

Barb,

I have to drop DeLoa off at the Cleveland airport right after camp. Im not sure on her flight details but if it works out, you are welcome to hop in with us. I am probably going to fly into Michigan so I can see my new neice and my little sisters..but I will be driving one of the 2 cars my mom is bringing out. Give her a call and see if she has her flight details yet. 269-767-2819

Joanne,

You should consider going! It is a great camp! I\'m thinking of driving this year. You can call me any time. It has been a crazy month but June 30th is almost here and you will hear me hollering when it is finally done and over with. I\'m a financial manager and our year ends June 30th so spending has been crazy trying to meet the deadline! I\'ll be glad when I have time to think!

Hi Heidi and Jessica, thanks for responding. That is so sweet of both of you to pick me up and drop me off at the airport. I will contact Heidi and Deloa and see if I can arrange flights that will work out as the time gets closer. I really do appreciate your offer.

Heidi What classes are you going to take?

Here are the ones I want to take:

Tue: Block Party with Deloa

Wed: Every little bit counts with Sue

All over feathers with Jessica

Thurs: Out of the garden with Jessica

I really want to take Borders and Sashes but it dosen\'t look like the schedule will work out for me. I hoping to take a private class from Jessica in AZ sometime this winter since I will be in AZ for the winter. Threre are so many wonderful classes offered but everything won\'t fit into only 3 days. :-(

Barb

I went last year and learned so much. I\'ll be there again this year along with three other quilters from Louisiana. We have not finialized our travel plans. We are going a few days early so we can visit a museum in Vermont to see the Dear Jane quilt. When we finalize our plans I will post. We may be able to go by an airport and pick up a few people.

Have a great weekend!!

Sandra

Barb,

Really you don\'t need much at camp, it is all provided. Like Jessica said bring a quilt to share and one undone to show. Great time to get ideas from the experts. They have plenty of coffee, food and anything else you might need. OK Jess clean underwear it a good one! LOL I hope we don\'t have to deal with the dirty ones!

You will want a pad of paper and sketch pad to practice on and take lots of notes and don\'t forget your camera. I\'m hoping this year I can find an internet connection, that was the only thing missing last year. Oh and I brought my own pillow...lol just one of those things I can\'t do without! They told us to bring our own towels but they were in the room so I didn\'t need them. I can\'t think of anything else off hand.

For classes I think I am taking:

borders and sashings

Shiva Paints

All-over feathers

Got stencils

I\'m still hoping to add something but not sure that there is anything available for Thursday afternoon. It will depend on when DeLoa has to leave if she will be able to add an afternoon class on Thursday.

Barb,

Last year I took a sassy sashing with Sue Patten, Flower Garden with Deloa and a class with Jodi Robinson but I don\'t remember the name of it. It wasn\'t the longarm playdate but it was really good! All of the classes I took were excellent. I don\'t think another day would be added. DeLoa, Sue and Dave worked last year setting up for Tuesday until probably midnight. Then they had to take it all down. We all got to sit and visit and laugh and eat. I\'m sure by the end of the week they are ready for a vacation! They work so hard to make our week so wonderful. I\'m sure you will have a great time.

Barb,

Last year there were about 12 in each class. You get a lot of hands on and so much of the teachers attention. I\'m not sure if the class sizes will be bigger this year or not but I think we\'ll still have plenty of time to play. Usually one is practicing on the machine while somebody else is practicing with pen and paper. These have been the best class experience I\'ve had. On top of that the machines are available 24 hours a day! I would go to bed around 11 or so and somebody was still up and playing and then get up by 7 and yup somebody was up and playing. Your classmates are also willing to share their ideas and techiques.

Hi Heidi,

I am hoping to get to Bennington to see the Dear Jane Quilt. It will be on display untill Oct. 12th. I have three other people going to camp too. I could fly up early and see the quilt. We are thinking of leaving on Thursday and driving up so we can do some sightseeing. Soooooo, right now I am not sure of my plans.

I could fly up and drive back with my friends. I don\'t know if they are interested in the Dear Jane quilt. The Grandma Moses exhibit is at the same museum.

I will let you know my plans. How far are you from Bennington?

You would not believe how long my hair is getting!! I have an appointed for a trim this week!!! Maybe I will have a ponytail by October (lol). At least my head will not be so cold.

Looking forward to seeing you in Oct.

Sandra

Sandra,

I live only about 45 minutes from Bennington! LOL that is too funny. It is 1/2 way between my house and work! If you are coming by yourself to see the Dear Jane Quilt you could fly into Albany International airport, which is about 10 minutes from my house! You are more than welcome to spend a few days with me if you\'d like. I would be able to do stuff on the weekend but with taking the week off doubtful I\'d be able to take Friday off too. Then you could drive with me to OH or meet up with friends on the way, not sure where they are coming from. After camp I\'m meeting up with a friend of mine so I won\'t be coming home until Sat. or Sun. after camp. I was debating on leaving here Sunday or just driving straight on Monday. If I hit the road at 5 or 6 I would be at camp at 3 or 4 in the afternoon which would be just fine. Let me know as you finalize your plans. I\'ll keep you posted too.

I\'m so happy to hear the hair continues to grow! That is wonderful.

Barb you and Connie will both have a great time. Yes DeLoa is one of the nicest people you will ever meet! She is very talented as well and just so down to earth. I can hardly wait to see everybody again. I just have to remember to not come home and proclaim that it was the best vacation I ever had to my hubby of 28 years! LOL he wasn\'t that enthusiastic as I was about taking a separate vacation! He also got a little upset that I forgot to call him when I got there because I was having so much fun! I told him I missed him lots of course but it was so fun to be with so many others that shared my passion and I didn\'t have to explain why I was obsessed with quilting!

Hay everyone

The count down is on and CAMP IS AWESOME!!!!! I love going every year and seeing you all again and again and again LOL no chance for extra days this year we are all fling in from teaching at Innovations and then all fling out to teach in Houston or something like that... I just know I fly home to Toronto after teaching, to pick up my pre packed car in Burlington to drive to Camp then when camp is done I will drive back to Burlington to drop off one set of suite cases and pick up another and then straight to the airport to leave again.... I LOVE THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF LONGARM QUILTING lol Bring comfy PJ\'s for all of you first timers... we love to stay up all night playing on the machines and telling stories... It\'s like a little holiday even for the teachers, and show and tell night is great!!! Lots of WOW\'s and OHHHHH MYYYS. OK have to go get classes ready for next week... see you all at CAMP!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to offer my services!

I live about 3 minutes from Akron/Canton airport, and about 1 hr & 20 min from Camp Mowana. If any of you are flying into CAK, I can help... I can't afford to go to camp this year, but I would love to shuttle anyone who needs a ride - and get to meet some of you for a few minutes! Just let me know if anyone needs help!

I hope NEXT year I can come to camp! It really sounds like fun and I'm so interested in learning from the "superstars" AND being with my chat girlfriends!

Bobbi

As of now, I am enrolled to attend Camp Mowana.. wish we could meet up Bobbi.. and am going to enjoy meeting and harassing HeidiM and Michele, as much as I'll enjoy the classes and fun with all the other campers.. just me and all of you.. not ummm uhhh... well, just me. LOL... I need a break, nearly counting the days already..

RitaR

Archived