Camp Mowana

sewbobby

I can't wait either. I am so ready to be with other long-arm quilters and see my friends from last year. I am driving up so I can bring 3 machine heads for us to use. Of course some shop hopping along the way is in order too!! I am bring Louisiana coffee and if anybody wants a refill on Mynan's seasoning let me know!!!

Sandra

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deloa called this morning, and I was able to get my class list from her. Tues. I have borders in the morning and paint stick in the afternoon, Wed. Long Arm Play Day, and Thurs is Karen McT all day.

What a sweet lady Deloa is.. we talked too long for her being in the middle of calling those attending camp.

I can't read this since it will post on the second page.. I hope. No idea how to see future replies.. grrrrrrrrr

RitaR

Hi Girls, I have made my reservations for Monday Oct 13 arriving at 3:50 pm and leaving on Thursday Oct 16 at 5:15 pm. From the Cleveland airport. This was the best I could do on reservations going back to Phoenix AZ. Is there anyone else who might be willing to give me a ride to and from the airport or share expences on a rental car? I saw Bobbette's offer but I couldn't get a reasonable ticket out of Akron airport. That sure is nice of Bobbette to offer though. Heidi I know you thought you might be going by the Cleveland airport but you weren't sure when I talk to you last. Do you know any more now? I know it is about still 2 months away but I live to have all my ducks in a row :-).

We are all going to have such a blast!!!

Barb Greenlee

sewbobby@yahoo.com

530-647-1077

Barb,

No I haven't decided yet exactly what I'm doing. I was planning on driving and meeting up with a frind after but I may end up flying into Indiana and my friend will bring me to camp and back. Unfortunately that puts me coming from the opposite direction from where you are coming in. I'll try to get things finalized in the next couple of weeks and let you know. Last year there were several that came from the Buffalo area.

I think I just counted 63 days from the 11th Aug. until the 13th of Sept.. darn, so long to wait.. lol

That will give me about 50 days to recover and be running full steam. Should be more than enough time. I just want it to be now so we can have some fun. I'm so very ready!

RitaR

Barb,

I just wanted to let you know that I've decided to fly into Indianna. I wish I were coming your way as I would be happy to give you a ride. You might want to call Deloa to see if she can let you know who might be coming from the Buffalo area or maybe flying in too. It will work out. Irene was a sweetheart and picked me up from CLE last year. She was coming from Toronto. We each joked with our husbands because both were asking about us picking up rides only over Internet and they weren't exatly thrilled with us. They both thought that we were meeting axe murders. It was pretty funny. We got along fabulously and I was so thankful for the ride! I know it will work out for you. I'll see you on the 13th.

It's real now...just booked my airfare! Barb my connecting flight going will be to Cleveland...just coming in a little early (9th). I'll be flying to Indianna and my friend will bring me to camp. She's going to come back and pick me up and we're going to have 2 girl days after so it is going to be 9 days of vacation just for me! I can hardly wait!

Hi Heidi,

Connected with a great gal named Becky, it is her first time at Camp Mowana also. We will be arriving in Cleveland about the same time and will rent a car together. If there is anyone else who might need a ride to and from Cleveland Airport we can fit 2 more people.

Barb

Hi All,

It is exciting to see all of your conversation about camp. I am getting excited too. I am sending out invoices today so you can check on your classes and get information. We have some exciting things including Miss Sandra and her friends making us some Louisiana gumbo on Monday so we don't have to go out to eat and get to know each other more. Besides it is soooooo good. Jamie is going to do some demos besides I can't wait to see all the show and tell and what great whole cloth designs everyone will come up with in Karen's class. There are going to be about 60 longarmers there. Can you believe it!!!!! It is going to be like one big slumber party that goes on and on. We will have to keep the giggling down for Dave's sake. No give Dave a break --he will be setting up 15 machines this year.

DeLoa

Becky,

Sorry this is the first time I've checked this for a while... Actually, Columbus might be a bit closer... I'm not sure 6 of one, 1/2 doz of the other...

I'm now a bit iffy anyway as my son is flying me to California from the 8th to the 13th for my grandson's football game and fall spectacular at their parrish.

I'm sorry! now I won't be available to help... sorry!

DeLoa, Oh how I pray... I forgot to send info that I am allergic to bell peppers... can not eat it and I think bell pepper goes into gumbo. Will bring a main entry to heat in the microwave just in case..

RitaR.. guess I better contact you via email or phone..

RitaR

As we say down here, "Laizzez Les Bon Temps Rouler" and "Ces't ce bon". We are bringing fixin's to go with the gumbo. Rita, we can do you a little pot w/o the bell peppers.

Maybe someone could bring dessert!! Of course Bread Pudding goes great with gumbo but its kinda hard to cook without an oven!

We will need bowls and spoons and such so maybe we need to start a list. Oh yea, soft drinks or tea, also.

We are bringing the file' and homemade pickles and jellies.

Deloa, tell Dave that the "vines are heavy with muscadines." I'll send him a picture.

Can't wait to see all the friends I made last year and the friends I will make this year!!!

Sandra

Archived