Camp Mowana

sewbobby

Ok, I'll do a bread pudding. MICHELE.... do you have a 9 by `15" baking dish, and may I use your kitchen and stove??? Trying to think how to do it on a camp stove.. um... IF ms michele will let me slop up her kitchen, I'll kick in a big batch of bread pudding, with nuts and raisins..

Yes, Michele, I'll leave some extra there for your kidlets and hubby and baby sitter, too.

RitaR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I just posted.. and now am stuck with just page one AGAIN... I need page 3 to edit the post....

Michele, if I can use your kitchen and oven, may I also reserve a spot in the fridge??

Also, I forgot the name already, sorry, thanks for the no bell pepper gumbo.. would LOVE that.. ate out for our 50th tonight and even though I asked, about bell peppers, found out too late the appetizer had them in it.. had to go get rid of it.. not fun. Hoping I don't get sick from it just being there for a short while.

Anyhoo... geesh.. Michele, help????

Thanks all you great people.. gosh I can hardly wait. 59 days

I think.

RitaR

Rita, Heck yeah you can use my oven that way I don't have to. ROFLMAO.

Couple of things though, my kitchen is always a mess and do I have to actually clean the

fridge first.

I don't know anything about this pudding, is a glass baking dish okay??

I'm in for bringing stuff. I live right here in Mansfield so I can load up on stuff that others

can't fly with.

I can't wait for camp. This will be my first time also, I visited last year and put my size 9's in my

mouth which was hysterical. We all laughed so hard.

Michele

Hay Girls

I would offer to bring food to add to the potluck.... but I'm not sure how close the local hospital is for all those that might end up with food poisoning... so as always I will arrive with an over sized tin of Tim Hortin's Coffee for the late nights and early mornings :cool:

Michele, yup, it must be clean, and um glass big rectangular glass baking dish will do, and um I'll help ya clean the kitchen after I slop it up.

LOL.. I'm known to lift the mixer beaters before they stop, and lean on the counter, only put my elbow in the bowl.. umm nightmares sometimes.

Gotta get another quilt on the frame to be done by Wed... it's a beauty.. and I've NO idea what to do on it.

Rita

It sounds like a great time fellow campers! I'm a big tea drinker so I'll pack some tea to bring along, and maybe some food items that I might be able to get onto the plane. What's the policy on red wine....not that I'm a wino, but I like a little with dinner at times. I would guess no alcohol but can someone confirm?

Camp Mowana is a great experience. This will be my 4th year in a row!!! That should indicate how much it is worth it. Lots of fun with other quilters, good food and lots of sharing. Definitely bring a quilt to show and one that you need ideas for quilting. Can't wait to see everyone again. Sue, please don't get some wonky illness this year in all your travels. We want you well and ready to share great stories and quilting ideas. I'll bring you chocolate!!! See you in October. Janet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I love the conversation and I can't tell you how excited I am for camp this year. The best thing about camp is I get to see you all every year. Besides all the talented quilters you all are such wonderful people. It will definitely be a blast. Sue, you know that I don't know anything about coffee so you are in charge of that. Potluck is new this year and it is cool to see everyone get into the spirit of it.

DeLoa

Thank you very much for all the anniversary wishes.. it's been a wonderful war. lol

40 days until we can arrrive at camp.. will be counting hours before long.

Deloa do you have enough machine heads.. we could bring Penny if you need her.. but we'd have to bring the one piece table home with us. LOL..

RitaR

Archived