Note to Self-

Awwww girls! C\'mon now... Lighten up on your husbands a little bit!!!!!!! ;););)

Sure, it was a teflon pan and it maybe got ruined....maybe you can resurrect it with a good soaking...ok so what!, And...yah, sure...maybe breakfast or dinner was a little crispier than what we\'re used to eating... but I gotta pipe in and say "Kudos!" to the guys who stepped up to the stove to help cook a meal. Give \'em a hug for their efforts. Aren\'t they sweet for trying? :)

New Teflon pan at Kmart: $19.95

Drop of dishwashing soap for soaking burnt stuff off: 3 cents

Husband that tries to help: $Priceless

My hubby washed and dried a wool sweater I had. Needless to say, I don\'t wear it anymore :). Anyway, I told him I wanted to save the wool so I could use it in a project. He said "heck no, I don\'t want it laughing at me every time I look at it!" He\'s a gem and wouldn\'t trade his help for anything!!

Cathy

My DH is not allowed to make dinner EVER. He likes to be "creative" with flavors and we end up eating more cheese on top of things than the food itself. Once he decided to use our water kettle to boil milk....that\'s ruined along with the frying pans as well.

I let him make lunch though...PBJ and grilled cheese on the Foreman.

My hubby can make breakfast and he can cook a meal but it takes a long, long time so I usually have snacks that he doesn\'t know about!

Try these two things to get the burnt stuff off - soak in hot, hot water with some dishwasher granules and let it soak over night. That usually will take it off and you\'ll have your frying pan back.

2nd - try plain old tomato soup. That will take all the crud off the bottom of your pans and it will probably take off the burnt stuff inside too.

Hey, I\'m not saying anything bad about my DH. He cooks, he does some canning (and I\'m not talkin about drinkin beer :D), he cleans all the fish he catches and cooks it!!

The only bad thing...he cannot find the trash can in the kitchen! It is right next to the refrigerator....but he can\'t find it :o

Originally posted by jones3jm

PBJ and grilled cheese --- Now that\'s quite a combination! I\'ve grilled PBJs before (yes---they are very yummy!) but I\'ve never grilled one with cheese before.

Ha! (just teasing you, Jessica... I know what you meant!) :D

and we end up eating more cheese on top of things than the food itself.

Our answer to nights like this are ketchup.....and I\'m the one who brings burn offerings to the table more than he does...he DOESN\'T cook....he opens cans. Has his favorite can opener that is just his own.:P;)

I\'m with Shana...on this one...I would be upset yes if it was a Pampered chef pan, but it wouldn\'t be the end of the earth...he would just buy me another one.;);)

Well the pan soaked all last night. This morning is dish soap. then 3 times boiling with soda water. Still stuck! I didn\'t think frying burgers in a teflon Pamper Chef pan would do so much damage. I asked my DH what he put on the burgers... Must be a secret, he didn\'t answer. But I am thinking he mixed the burgers with cheese and barbeque sauce and cooked them on High heat. Oh well guess I will scrap harder and have some teflon missing.:mad:

Drop or two of dish soap, a couple teaspoons of vinegar, some hot water, and lowest setting on burner for an hour or so.. Scrape with wood tool and repeat.. then elbow grease. Teflon pan, pitch it. just my experiences.

RitaR

Well the pan soaked all last night. This morning is dish soap. then 3 times boiling with soda water. Still stuck! I didn\'t think frying burgers in a teflon Pamper Chef pan would do so much damage. I asked my DH what he put on the burgers... Must be a secret, he didn\'t answer. But I am thinking he mixed the burgers with cheese and barbeque sauce and cooked them on High heat. Oh well guess I will scrap harder and have some teflon missing. Edie, What a laugh!!!!:P:P:P:P linda

• 4 weeks later...

My DH is not allowed to make dinner EVER. He likes to be "creative" with flavors and we end up eating more cheese on top of things than the food itself. Once he decided to use our water kettle to boil milk....that's ruined along with the frying pans as well.

roflol! he sounds just like my dh! Cheese IS a food group, after all.

Bless their hearts when they're helping, I never say anything.. just stand back and watch & do damage control later!

My dh will eat ANYthing that I put between two pieces of bread and grill on the 'not a foreman' contact grill. add a little italian dressing, Call it a panini, and suddenly, it's gourmet!

:D

sammi

Just a word of caution re: oven cleaner....DH used it on an "Analon" fry pan and RUINED IT! It pitted the bottom so bad there was no salvaging it. That was about $75 down the drain.:( So try just a tiny bit in a tiny spot first - of course if you are about to throw it in the trash can anyway, go for it. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived