Bonnie-"Knit Picker"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm sorry ladies, I have been off line for several weeks now, because I have been trying to get my house packed for a huge move to New York. Yes, the little knit picker can be found at any fabric store, Hancock's, Joanne's or even your local fabric store, not so much a quilting store. They cost about $2.00 and are about 3 inches long...its a TINY TINY latch hook...remember latch hooking rugs this is a micro mini version of that....you run the hook under the top of your fabric to the spot where you thread ends are wrap the thread through the hook just like you would have the yarn for rugs and pull back through clipping off the ends....a nice clean way of buring the tiny thread ends that you can't get a needle into...good luck, you should even be able to find them at Wal Mart.

I accidentally got two of these at a 50% off sale when I didn't look closely enough in the seam ripper section. I like the fat handled seam rippers by Clover and saw that fat handle and grabbed the last two - to my surprise, no ripper end, just a point, kind of like an awl. They do work well for getting up stitches and evening out knitting too. Although, I haven't used it a ton, since I like to break the top threads every few inches then pull the whole works out by pulling the bobbin thread out.

I have to admit, I was disappointed at the time, because I really wanted a couple more of the seam rippers.

Archived