Help please - need suggestions

I have been stressing over this quilt for over a month now. It HAS to be on the machine today. The quilt is made with some funky pattern materials. The sashing is cut at all odd directions. What to do in the 6" white squares and the setting triangles?????

My thoughts were to do SID in the sashings and maybe a spiral in the 6" squares. But, then what do I do in the setting triangles? How about half circles in the triangles? Or, maybe a curved crosshatch (CL template) along the setting triangles. Any suggestions please as this is going on the machine as you read this. I have almost all of the CL templates and want to use those as they are fast for me. I really do love this quilt and want to make it more funky with the quilting. I want it to stand out. This is for my favorite quilt shop. Any ideas?

Carol,

I think your idea of a swirl in those white squares and triangles is a good one and you might want to use a varigated thread to make them pop. I don't have a CL so I'm no help there. I'm looking at the fabric that is striped with the curve and think that would be a good thing to fill with or even a geometirc type like the purple fabric in the lower right of this picture. I think any shape you go with will look good. Good luck!

What about a simple feathered circle in white on the white blocks and in the triangles. I wouldn't use varigated thread in the white area 'cuz it would fight the colors you have and it is a beautiful quilt. Whatever you do in the white areas I would keep it simple but that is me. Maybe I should ask how big are the white blocks?

Renae

Hi Carol, I just read this, you are probably done with this quilt. If so,give us a photo, huh?

I like the idea of the circle spiral in the white centers. But I think that I would try the square spiral set as a triangle (or a ruler) to do straight lines in the triangles.

There are so many seams in the border. I think that I would use the cable or wave template but just to make wavy lines from one end to the other, no cables. Like maybe a half inch apart. No template sifting required. :D

I really had fun doing this quilt. Once I got started it just seemed to roll along. Thank you for all your advice but I seemed to do a Circle Lord Sampler on this one. Again, my customers have no idea what they will get when they tell me to play. I'm calling this the Alice in Wonderland quilt. Or, the long-armer after eating mushrooms. There are more shots in my webshots under Circle Lord. There are various shaped wavy lines in the sashing. Nothing really matches. That's what makes it fun.

post--13461900192831_thumb.jpg

Gable --The setting triangles were made with the Tiles template from CL. I was going to do the cross-hatch with it but liked it the way it is.

To do the continuous spiral, I back tack when I get to an end and back tack at the beginning and just continue on. I snip the threads front and back after I'm done.

Glad you all like this one. I LOVE it and am going to have a hard time giving it back to the quilt shop.:P

Carol,

Love your quilting. Always check all of your quilts to see how you have used the Circle Lord products. You are so clever (and I just love stealing your ideas). I only quilt for myself and have a couple of friends who use my machine with my help. The Circle Lord and your wonderful ideas make it so much fun and the quilts actually look fairly good. Thanks - thanks - thanks.

Marilyn

Archived