Accucut GrandeMARK???

I was wondering if any of you have an Accucut GrandeMARK? Saw it in Portland, Or. at spring Market and was thinking about getting one to do strips, & maybe to cut blocks for quilts. What do you think of it other than dies are expensive? Have you tested one for accurate cutting, and why did (or didn't) you buy one? Can be seen at accucut.com

I have the AccuCut Grande Mark. I love it for cutting the 2 1/2 strips for binding. It's pricey but has saved my hands/wrists a lot of work.

I just got the die for the double wedding ring but I haven't had a chance to make a sample.

I have used the strip dies the most and really like them. I can cut the strips for a lap quilt in 10 minutes or less. I spend more time cutting the right amount of fabric to put on the dies than actually cutting the strips.

The customer service is really good!

If you quilt for customers and have a wholesale license, some of the products may be less - like paper and the clear plastic sheets for making boxes. You can't get a discount on the dies. If you are placing an order, take advantage of their specials. I think you get the Grande Mark free if you order so many dies. Once you are on their mailing list, you get emails for free shipping. Shipping can be pricey because the dies and cutter are very heavy.

If you are trying to justify the costs, compare the cost of rotary cutters and blades to the die machine. The blades in the dies do not have to be replaced.

I really like the Grande Mark - just wish I had more time to play with it:)

Archived