chicken in a bag

robbieklow

I don't like to cook very much. And I really hate having to stop what I'm going and stand around a stove or oven. This method of making chicken works for all kinds of meat too.

Ingredients:

Defrosted chicken parts. Thighs, drumsticks, breast, quarters, whatever you have on hand.

Cooking bag

Carrots, potatoes and or onions, whatever you happen to have on hand. Baby carrots work well because you don't have to do any cleaning or chopping.

One envelope of onion soup.

1 cup of water.

1. Around 3pm:Open the cooking bag and throw the chicken in there.

2. Add the vegetables.

3. Thrown in the onion soup.

4 Pour in the water.

5. Smoosh it around. Put it all in a cassarole dish.

6. Close up the bag

7. Poke holes in it with a knife.

8. Put the whole thing in the oven.

9. Set the oven for 350.

10. Go back to quilting.

11. When your spouse gets home, announced you made dinner.

12. Continue quilting.

13. Hungry spouse will serve dinner after waiting long enough.

Robbi Eklow;)

Hi everyone

I don't cook much but love to eat chocolate cake. Yesterday I made a cake while my Milli/Comp worked for me.

I bought a Cadbury's chocolate cake mix (Betty Crocker would be as good) and added 100g of finely grated hazelnuts.

I greased the pan and sprinkled the remaining 50g of hazelnut mix on the bottom of the pan and poured in the mix.

It was awesome with whipped cream. I discarded the frosting mix for the top - making that up would have been too much trouble.

Sue in Australia

• 9 months later...

I cooked today for the very first time since I got my Apqs. (THAT's NOV 2005) It was potatoe soup. Not just any old potatoe soup. MY potatoe soup. DELICIOUS!!

I hope it is six months before I cook again. lolol

I only did because I had company. lol

It has to be crockpot or simpler for me. NO TIME

Thanks for the recipe Robbi. Just might have to try it. lol

Notice Robbi put this in a long time ago. lolol

Yeah! I am not alone! My nine y.o. sees me quilting (in the dining room for now) and just starts fixing her own breakfast or lunch. It makes me feel terrible and I tell her to just let me know she's hungry and I'll stop and fix her something.

I work full-time and quilt on my time off. It's busy, busy! But not to busy to feed my family! Yeez!!

From the newspaper (AP writer) a few weeks ago I came across this gem!

Last-minute Lasagna Makes 6 servings

1 24- to 26-ounce jar pasta sauce

2 16- to 18-ounce bags frozen large cheese ravioli [i used only one]

1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed [hard, in a clean dishtowel] to remove excess water

1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella

? cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spoon a third of the pasta sauce into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place half of the ravioli over the sauce in a single layer.

Top with another third of a jar of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the spinach and half the mozzarella.

Add the remaining ravioli in a single layer (you may not need all of them). Top with remaining sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbling, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Last-Minute Lasagna is made with a shortcut recipe from "Real Simple: Meals Made Easy." LARRY CROWE / Associated Press

Notes from me: This would be even better if you took a moment to brown a chopped onion and perhaps a few mushrooms and added those in the middle. I used spinach & cheese ravioli. Half of the large bag from Costco was the equivalent of one of the bags the recipe calls for and was enough to fill a large Pyrex sheet pan (9 x 13). I could not have gotten another bag in the pan. Unless you?re using a regular (i.e., deep) lasagna pan, watch out for the amount of ravioli you use. I used Classico brand sauce, but bought one that was better to use next time. Make your own now with summer tomatoes and freeze it and you?ll be even further ahead!

I forgot to cover it with foil but it was fine anyway.

The worst thing about this recipe is that you can?t control the amount of salt. Both the jar of pasta sauce and the frozen ravioli have a lot of salt in them. But for a quick very tasty dish, it?s a winner. Keep the ingredients on hand and you will be able to have dinner on the table in less than 45 minutes, without ANY effort. Perfect for vegetarians. Use meat ravioli if you want meat.

Here's my favorite roast beef recipe - Let me know if you try it and like it...

In crockpot put:

roast beef (can be a cheaper cut)

cut up an onion and add

about 5 or 6 shakes of worchestershire sauce

3 or 4 TBLSP of Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce (this is my secret ingredient)

little bit of water - maybe 1/4 cup

S&P to taste

Cover and cook on low for about 8 - 10 hrs. Sometimes I add potatoes and carrots but then add a little more water. This is juicy, tender and scrumptious aus jus every time.

Katie

http://community.webshots.com/user/katiemcgraw

I do something like Katie, but don't add the veggies....when falling apart I add a bit of thicken (like cornstarch) and make a thin gravy....add to noodles and yum..

Mary Beth...you must teach your DH better can opening skills....My Hubby would call me at the studio to see if I was coming home or if he needed to use his "can opening skills".

Archived