Skipping Stitches and Bobbin Loops (Pictures)

simplydivine

Julie,

I'd say your problem is with your bobbin or bobbin case. If you have another bobbin case try that. Have you tried a different bobbin? Maybe it isn't wound evenly. Make sure it is threaded correctly, you blue springy thing is in the bobbin case and the bobbin isn't too tight or too loose. It shouldn't sound loud. Have you put a little oil on the hook? If I don't keep a drop on ther then I'll hear some noise. Try a different bobbin, tighten the top tension as the last picture looks it is too loose.

Julie,

I agree with all said above, sometimes my bobbin gets to rattling and I stop and clean it and add a drop of oil and then it runs great again. I would also try just rethreading the machine and use a different bobbin. Are you using prewounds or are you winding them yourself? I would also check the tension on both the bobbin and top. If that doesn't do it - call Amy! She will help!

Vicki

I have a hunch your top tension is too loose. Either that or something aint right with your bobbin. Try a new bobbin.

PS: If you haven't cleaned the dickens out of your bobbin assy area, do a real good going over with lots of WD 40. Take off your needle plate and spray down in there, let it run a minute and then another good dose of WD 40 to clean it super good. When I do my super good cleaning routine, my bobbin assy is dripping WD 40 (I hold a cloth underneath to catch drips).

Julie, check your thread path and make sure the needle thread is in between the tension disks. Also check to make sure it is going under the check spring. From the pictures, it looks like a needle tension problem. When you get loops oon the bottom, that is usually indicative of a problem with the upper tension.

Julie - Take your bobbin and case out and take a look at the housing. The rod that the bobbin fits on may have a ring of thread wrapped around it at the back. Take a flashlight and something to remove that ring of thread. Sometimes it's hard to see cause it turns dark. Use a pin or something to see if there is a ring. Put your bobbin and case back in and try again. If I don't clean that out, I have all kinds of problems including noise.

I re-threaded and it is in tension disks. I changed the needle, cleaned under the needle-plate, plus the top of the housing while I had it opened. Cleaned bobbin case & under tension spring, etc. Tried pre-wound and other bobbins - same result.

however, I did not look for thread in housing. I will see if it wrapped around rod. I'll post results on Monday as I leave early tom. morning for long weekend and not even packed yet! Hate to leave w/out it fixed, but nothing else I can do for now...

Thanks for all you suggestions! I really appreciate it.

Just to let you know....after I got back from weekend getaway, I tested it on Monday. I was so PLEASED to see that it was behaving! No skipped stitches or full-beard on bottom.

I thank everyone that gave suggestions and I followed thru on all the tips. I can't say specifically what caused it, or what fixed it. Maybe Millie was telling me to lay off for awhile and give it a rest!

Thanks again!

Archived