Simply Quilts / Rumors

CherylUribe

Cheryl, thanks for letting us know. I think they are making a terrible mistake and I know I am going to miss this show.:(

Please tell Alex we love her and she needs to approach other venues to keep the show going. Someone on the MQP board had lots and lots of ideas for new and exciting type quilting shows to keep things fresh. How do we go about promoting these ideas and getting them produced?

Guest Linda S

Oh, this just stinks! I have learned so much over the years from Simply Quilts. I have particularly enjoyed the shows lately with the new techniques for dyeing, artist trading cards, etc. Is there any chance that PBS or some other channel would pick up the shows? I think HGTV is making a very big mistake and I've written to tell them so.

Linda

I sent in my very strong complaint as well. I had also heard that fons's and porter and america sews with sue will also not be renewed or back on. Has anyone else heard this one as well? I think someone needs to just start our own quilting and sewing channel LOL!

Kim, I'm not sure about either of these two shows. I know that Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting is produced privately and shown on PBS stations. It is up to your local PBS station to decide to carry it or not. I sure hope Liz and Marianne continue to film their show. I really like it but our local PBS station rotates it with about 3 other sewing shows that I don't watch and I'm never quite sure when they will be airing Love of Quilting during the timeslot allocated for these shows - it has been off for the last 3 weeks, hopefully it will be back on after the 1st of the year.

I needed by quilting show fixes;)

I just sent off an e-mail to HGTV. I just wonder if they really realize how much money we spend every year. I told them we are not a bunch of little old ladies sitting around a quilting frame once a week. We spend lots and lots of money every year. I had recorded a lot of Alex's shows on VHS and now I am so glad I did. Right now I Tevo the show, but haven't figured out how to put it on tape or DVD from the Tevo. I'm a little "electronically challanged" when it comes to that, and I'm filling up my Tevo memory with her shows. But it seems like there haven't been many new shows anyway. Her show has been an inspiration to so many new quilters as well as experienced ones. Sure hope they see the light and keep her show on their network.

If any of you get RFD network you can get Eleanor Burns show. I can't remember how often it comes on....maybe one new show a week, but it may be repeated a couple times.:(:mad:

Hey Diane.

When you record on Tevo....when it is finished recording...there is a command "save to tape" If you have a VCR attached to the same tv, put in an empty tape and push save to tape and put the start recording button on your VCR. on your VCR it may even have you set the length of the show, so you can set that. alot of set ups are different so play around a little but it isn't too hard.

Thanks Sue....my biggest challenge is hooking up the VHS recorder to the TV. I'm not sure if things are "input" or "output" with the satellite. Guess I'm just afraid I will mess up the satillite, so have been putting it off. I just need to get my son here and have him do it. Just keep forgetting to ask him.

While I'm back on....after re-reading my comments, I hope no one took offense to my remark about "little old ladies sitting around a quilting frame." I happen to be one of those little old ladies, although I don't sit around a quilting frame. I think it is great when they do. Was just trying to get a point across.

Bottom line is that they are not attracting advertisers... I'm sure that Gammill and APQS are their big advertisers right now, and unless you can somehow convince other companies (batting, designers, sewing machines (dsm) etc) they are just not going to continue this programming.

It's all about the money....

Cynthia

A nice lady sent this email to me last night:

Hi,

I just heard about the show being canceled and found the APQS quilting board by accident. I'm not a member so can't post I don't think but maybe someone should suggest everyone e-mailing their on-line quilt shops and asking them to mention this in their newsletters they send out to their customers. I just found about this today from bighornquilts.com when the owner sent out a memo to her customers. These places sure could reach a lot more people. Also, Fons & Porter sell their shows on DVD now. They are great and so far have series 400 through 700 out.

Hope HGTV will change their minds! This is just NOT right ! :-(

Joyce

In watching the petition numbers grow....I'm wondering are they being dumped into HGTV's comment bin or are they being collected to reach a certain number before being forwarded to HGTV..... I sure hope they get the message....my last peak was at 4885 and counting and in only 3 days. ;) Come on girls lets get some more....

• 1 year later...

Archived