Finally - A Lenni on TV

Brenni

I was watching Fons and Porter today. The show was longarm basics and they had Heidi using a Lenni. In the tips portion of the show they showed how to pull the bobbin thread to the top!

I had to laugh because they talked about prewound bobbins - guess they did not want to show how the sidewinder works.

I recommend all Lenni owners TIVO it.

TIVO is a brand of digital recording. DVR. The greatest invention in the last 50 years. No more commercials. You can pause live TV.

I ran out of quilts to quilt and am in the processing of making some. I also had a pile of quilts that needed the hand sewing on the binding. I dread it but once I get started, I don't really mind.

Sidewinder directions - 1) Place on Driveway in small box 2) Back car over item continuously until box is less than 1" thick

I really have to find another way to wind bobbins.

Brenni

I have visions of a crazed lady with steam coming out her nostrils and her hair standing on end burning a lot of rubber off her tyres!

I haven't been able to find the previous posts on bobbin winders. Perhaps someone will chime in and give directions.

Googling I found Allbrands which has one for $69 (if it's suitable?) and Gammill have the winder I used for my L style bobbins for around $90.

Despite your woes it sounds like you are powering through those quilt tops. I'm only on number four!

Regards, Judy

yeh, agreed, that sidewinder is junk. maybe if I super-glued it to a really heavy base, it would be somewhat useful.

fortunately my DSM Pfaff 7570 (yes-about 15 years young) has an on-board bobbin winder that fits the Lenni bobbins. works great.

Now if the Lenni just had a "bobbin thread about empty" sensor like my Pfaff... :(

• 1 month later...

You can fix your bobbin winder delima by getting one from ABM, much better than the commercial machine winder, I have one of those too. The ABM winder will wind an M bobbin in about 5 seconds flat and do an excellent job of it, Hey they build large commercial quilting machines I think they know how to wind a bobbin or two.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived