Another Angel Baby quilt pic.

Heidi, I love your quilt...and your sweetie!!! I am going to make another one of these quilts for an auction that they are having for a pastor's family at church that is going to adopt ... I have a few questions about yours if that's ok.... Did you use a stencil for the hearts? I have the stencil that you used on the border.. How do you do the scallops? Do you leave it square then scallop it when you're done quilting? I really love the looks of yours and I would like to try to do one like it ...with your permission. What does yours measure finished? thanks, heidi!!

Linda,

The hearts are from Karen McTavishes book The Secrets of Elemental Quilting. The quilt measures just about the same as the original. I drafted the rope/feather border first around the angel wings and halo. Then added the scallop area outside. I marked the scallops but did not cut them until after I quilted it. I used Deloa's 10" boomerange to mark the scallops. I really like having the 3/4 circle in the corners but if I did that I wouldn't have been able to set the hearts like I did so I just did dog ears and fudged it in a bit. I did a paper pattern first. I did the white trapunto using white felt and then layed the trimmed batiste over the pale aqua.

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Heidi

Doesnt someone have these pre marked to sell?

I would like to do one for my new grand daughter but I really dont want to have to do all the marking from scratch??

I would think the only one that would have them is Joann. I'm not aware of it being premarked. It marks very quickly and if you do her full version it would be quicker than this one. Once I got the pattern the way I wanted it it went very quickly.

Archived