CiCi's question re: Quiltazoid vs Circle Lord

Now, for my reply. I have a Quiltazoid that I use with my I/S Turbo equipped Ult 2. I am amazed at the quality of manufacture of the Quiltazoid. I've had mine since late spring, am still learning how to use it. Initially I bought the Econozoid (unit with out the spirograph) for cost reasons. Later I viewed Adam and Linda's video on the spirograph and decided it offered a lot of pattern options, and purchased it. WOW! That machine will do amazing things. I would recommend that you buy the unit with the spiro attachment. I know Heidi is an accomplished user because Linda and Adam have samples of her work on their web site. They are really nice people to do business with. Very helpful.

I do not know much about the Circle Lord. I understand that it is more expensive than the Quiltazoid, but I don't know what the machine will do, or how it compares with the quiltazoid. I'm sure Circle Lord users will chime in on it's virtues. Regards. Jim

I have the Circle Lord up-front and the Giant K"Ching templates and absolutely love them. They are easy to use and the service that Michael and Kay provide is outstanding. The Swirls was promo'd as a "money-maker" and I believe it. I have done a lot of quilts using the Swirls. Fast and easy. Gets those quilts off the machine in record time. And they look fabulous! The Quilts of Valor and those straight and narrow 1600" Jelly Roll quilts come out looking great and it doesn't take up a lot of machine time. One of the best parts is that the payment terms are so good ... just ask Michael.

I use a lot of rulers, stencils, pantos, etc., in quilting - the Circle Lord is by far one of the best investments I have made.

Visit CL and see what they have to offer ... http://circlelordindex.blogspot.com/

Visit my blog and you'll see some of those beautiful Swirls quilts.

First Thanks to ALL veterans and their families that also sacrifice greatly for us.. it's terrific that we still have our freedom and the right to think or pray about anything, and many things too numerous to mention. THANK YOU ALL

I also own the Quiltazoid, love it.. There are so many patterns for it, and we can run the QZ boards, the Topper boards and the RnS boards. Plus all 3 are willing to make up patterns we request.. Use it a couple times and it becomes automatic on how to select and use the patterns. If we call any of the 3 businesses, we get thorough information on what we need to know, or comment on. Great Service at all 3, and so very nice to talk with.

Also boards are a lot less costly than the CL pattern boards..

I should post picts of the patterns I've used, and the great results.. Will begin doing that as I use them.

I'm so greatful for all they have and will do.

there have been many threads regarding this topic. i tried to search for a good one, but am not having any luck.

i'm a QZ girl, too. but it's a personal preference. no one can say which one is right for you but you.

you should try and get your hands on both of them before you decide.

try posting your location and see if anyone nearby has them for you to take a look/see at.

I love my QZ. If you already have a QZ then you could buy some of the CL templates and get them attached to your QZ. You'd just have to drill the holes in the templates to attach them or clamp them on. Other than that I think the systems operate somewhat in the same manner, meaning that you trace the template with a stylus and stitch.

I have the Circle Lord CiCi. I don't know very much about the Quiltazoid. I really enjoy the template boards and have collected quite a few in the past two years. I use the boards---a lot. I just finished a Quilt of Valor with my newest template board, the "Milky Way". I love the ease of setting up the boards, and precision of the designs.

I love my Circle Lord and all of the templates that I have. There has been a lot of discussions about the different products and we can't say whether one is easier to use or less expensive or better because it is like making a comparison of apples and oranges. Everyone must decide on the features that will work best for him/her. Following are links to previously made comments:

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=26788&page=1#pid338204

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=21161&page=1#pid257293

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=19658&page=1#pid233978

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=25394&page=1#pid318367

Hi CiCi.

I have the Circle Lord and love it. I am sure the others are good, but do not have one so I can not really say. A big name national instructor told me it was the best, and I trusted her. She was absolutely right!! The only issue I ever had was with my machine table not being right. Michael walked me through it with ease.

See if you can find the CL contest posted here from last year. It will show you what designs you can make using the templates and long boards. They are very pretty, very useful and easy to do! The boards last forever and Michael is just an email or phone call away - not that you need him. They are really quite simple to use.

Yes, I am a huge fan of the CL!

Archived