Looking for the name of this quilt pattern

Thanks, ladies. I can't wait to quilt it. It is such an opportunity. I had to explain to her that I feel too inexperienced for such a beautiful quilt and I actually turned it down. Once she assured me that it isn't a masterpiece to her and she doesn't care how it looks, she just likes to piece them, I decided what the heck! After I finished her first bunny quilt I called her and asked if she wanted to see it before I started this barn quilt and she said "no" and that she really wasn't worried about it. I'm taking this as a great learning experience and am going to have some fun with it. (I hope. LOL)

Quilting a wood grain close to the edge of the post but not on the ditch works also. Then go the other direction with the wood grain on the boards IIII==III. Kind of like this but in a random pattern.

I never mess with re pressing seams in a customer quilt. I tell them to have it ironed and folded on a hanger when they bring it. It goes right on the machine the way they brought it. I do pay attention to squaring up their backing and making sure it is not too small so that I am starting as square as possible. If a top is not square I have different ways of working it in.

Archived