Sweatshirt done with the CompuQuilter

I quilted this sweatshirt with my Mille and CQ.

I split the sweatshirt in half and quilted it using Hobbs 80/20 as a backing.

I used featherweight clamps to hold the sleeves out.

When you're done you just serge it back together.

You could make a couple of these in a day.

I free motion micro stippled the center of the heart in front.

You can get the designs and directions on my website.

http://www.compuquilterdesigns.com/joann.htm

and a link where to buy the clamps.

JoAnn

post--13461898364293_thumb.jpg

Hi Joann,

I am not a real sweat shirt type of person, just because they are usually so plain-jane, but I would wear this one!:cool:

Thanks for sharing your great projects!:D

JoAnn - What a beautiful sweatshirt. Question. I know you used Hobbs 80-20 as the batting but did you use a muslin to back that or just left the 80-20 bare? Awesome designs on your site. Too bad I don't have the compuquilter but I'm sure I can find something to do on it. What great gifts.

Oh JoAnn--

Thank you for sharing the pictured instructions for that beautiful sweatshirt. It is a stunner.

Do you trim the batting close to the edge of the stitching when finished? I guess poly would be the best for the batting so you wouldn't need to back it with anything. Is that correct?

Again, thanks!

Linda R

Love it JoAnn.

I use matching fleece sometimes too and no batting. Soft on the skin no shrinking or color fade. With that said the one I did I did wash the sweatshirt first also as I did not want alot of shrinkage.

I love love the design JoAnn and the project. Thanks for sharing it with us. Great Pics.

Girl you are TOO SMART! This sweatshirt is GREAT! Beautiful!

I'm with Mary Beth, don't care for quilted clothing -UNTIL NOW!!

Like Linda, (CUTE HAIR!) don't love sweatshirts. It can be on any type of clothing! That is if I can figure out how to put it back together!

My wheels are turning...... all of the mom's will be so jealous if I make a Matador sweatshirt/jacket!! Mascot is a bullfighter and bull. hmmmm....

I'm thinking (strange, I know) you could use felt as the stabilizer/batting? It would be clean and flat. Use my favorite thread BRYTES.

Oh boy! This is exciting!!

JoAnn this design is great! It looks like an embossed leather design like you would find on a belt or saddle or something. just beautiful! I'm gonna have to get me one!

Thanks for sharing!!

This turned out really neat and, every girl in ND and SD is going to want one of these to wear with jeans and boots.....Even those of use that have been transplanted other places will want one....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Can you make it into a DST format....I have a Toyota with a medium embroidery field.....that might even work.

I have taken plain sweatshirts, split the side seams out and cut the front from the neck down, like a sweater. Then I load a colorful fabric, good side down, pin the sweatshirt on top so it lays flat and then freehand. I sew it back together and put bias binding around the cuffs and raw edge.

Makes a great little jacket.

Archived